As policy officer, you will support EUROCITIES policy, advocacy and knowledge sharing work in the field of multi-level and urban governance, including the Conference on the Future of Europe, EU’s cohesion policy and the urban agenda for the EU. You will support EUROCITIES activities on closely related issues, including metropolitan areas, integrated urban development and citizens’ engagement in public policy making.
You will work under the supervision of the executive director at the EUROCITIES Brussels office.
In this role, you will:
- support EUROCITIES’ advocacy work on the urban agenda for the EU, cohesion policy, metropolitan areas and the Conference on the future of Europe;
- monitor policy initiatives and developments at EU level and maintain an up-to-date overview of developments in these fields;
- maintain contacts with the EU institutions, with member cities active in these fields, and with other stakeholders;
- support the work of working groups and projects operating in these areas, including ensuring a strong knowledge of EU developments with the membership as well as organising joint and separate meetings of the groups;
- design visibility actions to the benefit of relevant city actions and support the achievement of clear outcomes of network activities;
- facilitate the active participation of members in EUROCITIES and EU activities;
- ensure synergies with other policies, projects and communications activities through coordination with relevant colleagues;
- support other network activities, including policy and project development and implementation, as appropriate.
- masters degree;
- at least 2-3 years of relevant professional experience;
- good knowledge of EU institutions, decision-making processes and experience in advocacy at EU level;
- good knowledge and experience in the field of governance, EU cohesion policy, urban agenda for the EU;
- experience of working with local/city governments and possibly with European networks of local authorities;
- strong focus on delivering results and ensure impacts of your work;
- experience in events management;
- C1 level in English, oral and written with the ability to write clear and concise reports;
- good command of another EU language;
- excellent communication skills;
- good networking abilities and interpersonal skills for an international environment;
- experience of implementing EU funded projects.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org