We are looking for a data and software savvy person with 5 - 7 years of experience to report on revenue and BD team performance to the Business Development team. You will maintain, customize, and integrate our CRM, Salesforce, with other functions and third-party vendors. Salesforce.com Administrator Certification or 1+ years of Salesforce administrator experience is required. This is a 32 hours a week position with benefits.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in companies whose products and services offer important opportunities and choices to people living in poverty. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 270 million lives by investing $120M in 119 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investing in the future isn’t just about money, it’s also about people. We’ve been investing in relationships for years… connecting with emerging leaders in their own countries—both in real life and digitally—and engaging them in extended collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Business Development
We are a small and mighty fundraising team in which everyone rolls up their sleeves to get the job done. Salesforce is Acumen’s fundraising and engagement CRM. We want you to be in charge of it. We would like you to maintain, customize, and help further integrate with other software systems. And we would like you to use it to offer insights to the BD team to further improve their performance. This is a 30 hour a week job with benefits. You will report directly to the Chief of Business Development.
- Revenue operations
- In partnership with Acumen’s business development team, own, maintain, and customize Acumen’s fundraising data funnel and reporting.
- Lead data- and insights-driven analyses of Acumen’s fundraising performance and event impact to track the success (or lack thereof) of efforts to cultivate commitment among our funders and meet fundraising goals. It’s about deepening understanding of Acumen’s relationships with its external community of funders and other high-value contacts.
- Salesforce maintenance, customization, and integrations
- Maintain data hygiene and exception reporting
- Manage and maintain user training resources
- Assess need for Salesforce data capture and automation for Acumen’s fundraising, finance, and communications teams, such as updating a data entry process for a new kind of grantor funding and rolling it out to the global team, or adding simple automation to reduce duplicative Salesforce fields, or working independently or with vendors and consultants to install an integration between Salesforce and other tracking or database systems.
- Periodic customization (in collaboration with Finance), including managing page layouts, new field requests, and automation
- Identify process improvements across Acumen’s systems to improve efficiency and reduce duplicative efforts.
- Integration: monitor and troubleshoot connections to third-party systems
- Collaborate and co-manage integration between Fundraising (Salesforce) and Finance (NetSuite) to ensure Salesforce, as a fundraising tracking system, meets reporting and business analysis requirements for Finance.
- 5 – 7 years of work experience
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification or 1+ years of Salesforce administrator experience with thorough understanding of declarative customization using Lightning experience.
- Ability to understand both user needs and org requirements and ability to solve problems for both
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and spoke communication skills with an emphasis on listening and problem solving
- Ability to collaborate with people across countries, functions, and levels of seniority
- Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanently authorized to work in the US.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org