The American University in the Emirates invites Ph.D. holder applicants for full-time faculty (Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor).
Academic Year: 2020-2021
The faculty required will be teaching in one or more of the below Specializations:
College of Security & Global Studies
Teaching Load: 24 credit hours per academic year
Job purpose: Responsible to provide students with professional expertise in teaching, assessing student work, academic advising, participating in administrative and committee activities, professional service, and community service.
Qualifications & Education:
- Ph.D. in the related field from an accredited university in the United States of America or a recognized University accredited by an American Accreditation body
- Applicant must have completed a Philosophy Doctorate (Ph.D.) by the time of recruitment from an internationally accredited university
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching /working experience in an internationally accredited university.
- Proven record of excellence at baccalaureate and graduate program level teaching
- Candidate must have either higher Education or Teaching experience in an accredited university in the United States of American.
Skills / Training / Knowledge:
- Curricular development and review.
- Record of professional accomplishment including peer-reviewed publications
- Continued research program and interest in collaboration with another faculty.
- Ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom.
- Willingness to provide service to the University and the College.
- Excellent English Proficiency and Communication skills for Faculty teaching in English
- Excellent Arabic Proficiency and Communication skills for faculty teaching in Arabic
- Teaching / Class Activities
- Academic Advising
- Research Activities
- Curriculum Development
- Professional Development Activities
- Community Service
- University Service
- Expected to present research and practice-driven teaching
- Adapt to the latest pedagogical techniques that stimulate students to inquiry and to encompass a broad and coherent body of knowledge, attaining the skills and competencies through engaging delivery techniques and development of appropriate assessments
- Supervision of thesis, capstone and internship assignments of students
- Actively engage in scholarly activities and publish peer-reviewed articles in the area of specialization, thus contributing to the Mission of the University.
- Provide academic advising and guidance to the students in the program's learning outcomes, curriculum planning, and career planning.
- Evaluating students’ performance and grading. Providing clear assessment criteria that reflect course content and its learning outcomes, setting expectations to students, avoiding cognitive biases.
- Contribute to regular curriculum reviewing and improving the existing curriculum or developing new specialization or program.
- Participate by working in a task force or workgroup to accomplish assignments or projects such as accreditation, recruitment, research administration, consultation, and service to the university, discipline, and the community.
- Acquire the latest academic techniques, discipline and professional certification, technology-related development, and leadership development through attending in-campus and out-campus workshops, seminars, and training.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org