Coordinates, develops, and manages a portfolio of investments, with an emphasis on processes and systems, initial investment due diligence, and timeline management. Investment portfolio may contain a range of investment complexity! In support of programmatic strategic goals, may provide or support budget oversight and planning, financial analysis and reporting, and process management for the portfolio of investments, which may include grants, contracts, and program related investments (PRIs).
- Grant and Contracts Coordination: Coordinate the end-to-end grants and contracts processes with internal parties (program team, business partners, accounting department) and external parties (grantees, contractors & vendors) within the investment systems. Shepherd the development, management, and close out of grants and contracts. Coordinate contracts, including tracking of invoicing and deliverables, receipt of required reports and monitoring expenses.
- Grants and Contracts Administration: Work with program officers, grantees, contractors, vendors, and business partners during early stages of investment making (e.g. assist in investment structuring, send out requests for proposals, drive key deadlines for submissions and revisions, coordinate the consolidation and resolution of feedback). Assist with grant management and evaluation by requesting and reviewing written materials (including grant summaries and reports). Conduct budget analyses for grant and contract proposals and grant annual reports to ensure consistency with project objectives and alignment with strategic priorities.
- Data Input, Management and Analysis: Track data for all grants and contracts in investment management system and SharePoint sites. Provide detailed financial analysis of portfolio and ensure data integrity to support team's financial decision making. Work with Program Manager and Program Officers to keep all pertinent information accurate and up to date for reporting and analysis; serve as point-person regarding budget needs and individual investment portfolio management.
- Initiative Portfolio Management: Monitor progress of an initiative portfolio against anticipated payout. Track programmatic goals and results in coordination with leadership. Develop relationships with key internal and external partners. Work with leadership to develop processes and tools for performance management.
- General: Serve as liaison across multiple internal teams. Support new hire onboarding on investment workflow and data systems. Potentially able to support additional team projects as assigned by the Program Manager and work with colleagues on the TB & HIV business team on general coordination and investment portfolio management. Understands processes, tools, systems and templates and provides training, ongoing coaching and process change support to program team and external partners to ensure successful adoption and sustained use.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Able to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy in a fast-paced, meaningful environment. Open to rapid change and able to learn new things quickly. Able to distill what is needed next, even without expertise in programmatic content.
- Demonstrates effectiveness influencing individuals and teams without explicit authority.
- Ability to handle multiple & competing demands and establish priorities
- Recognizes complexity and assesses risks and alternatives in light of competing requirements and incomplete knowledge.
- Understands basic investment rules, regulations, policies, processes and practices and can advise when they are applicable. Fluent in all phases of investment-making, and engages partners and decision-makers, as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate with external partners.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and ability to work across multiple investment-making systems, based in Access, Excel, SharePoint, and other web-based software applications. Basic SharePoint site administration skills, including metadata tagging, document view creation, archiving, and creating and maintaining confidential files.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience, or equivalent experience.
- Project management, portfolio management, program management, financial management, financial reporting, non-profit or related industry, and/or business experience preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org