The Communications Department (COM) is the IMF’s center for strategic communication. It develops and coordinates the Fund’s external and internal communications strategy, shapes key messages, and advises Management and staff on how best to convey those messages. The Department also monitors and responds to what is being said and written about the institution, both inside and outside the Fund.
COM is looking for a Communications Officer (Digital Media Specialist) to work in its Digital Communications Division. This division manages the Fund's public website (IMF.org) and social media in English and other languages. These platforms serve as key sources of information and messages for external audiences about the global economy and the full range of institutional activities and policies.
Under the general supervision of the Division’s managers, the candidate will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of digital communications work with a special focus in Middle East and North Africa.
The position is an initial one-year contractual appointment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement creative social media strategies tailored to meet institutional communications goals, including by applying innovative approaches and best practices.
- Capitalizing on audience analysis data and metrics results, create digital content for social media, web, and mobile platforms, including executing and editing video.
- Create and maintain web pages with a focus on creative content and design
- Market digital content to targeted audiences with a focus on strengthening digital engagement and growing the reach of corporate messages to a broader audience.
- Substantively contribute to the strategic design of all digital campaigns by maintaining strong links with digital content providers and platforms and staying abreast of industry trends.
- Create and maintain web pages
- Monitor and evaluate the outcomes and impact of digital communications work across multiple platforms
- Contribute to developing, managing, and executing rapid response campaigns
- Contribute to other divisional and departmental efforts, including matrix work, as needed
- An advanced university degree, or equivalent, in communications, international relations, journalism, or a related field, supplemented by a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience. Alternatively, a university degree, or equivalent, and ten years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of creating and implementing social media strategies, as well as social media marketing.
- Excellent storytelling and drafting skills, particularly the ability to explain complicated subjects to non-specialists.
- Knowledge and understanding of what the IMF does, good knowledge of economic and financial matters, as well as a sound understanding of global economic governance issues.
- Ability to analyze data, and use insights to identify meaningful patterns.
- Some experience in journalism, and familiarity with the social media landscape in the Middle East and North Africa are required.
- Strong command of English; fluency in Arabic is highly desired.
- Excellent communications, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org