Global Cities, Inc. a Program of Bloomberg Philanthropies, promotes skills that today’s youth will require for citizenship in tomorrow’s world. Through Global Scholars, its signature digital exchange program, public school students ages 10 to 13 communicate directly in e-classrooms with peers across the globe. This educational environment, enhanced by multimedia communication, creates opportunities for students to build important global and general learning competencies. The posts and projects of international peers are primary texts for them to learn about other cities, the common global topic they are studying, and the skills needed to solve a global problem. There are no fees to the schools. For more information on Global Cities Inc., please visit: https://www.globalcities.org/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As Global Cities, Inc. embarks on its next phase of growth, it seeks an experienced classroom teacher to join its team. This individual will communicate with teachers and school administrators and work in the Global Scholars e‐classroom that connected 17,000 middle school students from around the world in 2019-20. Global Cities, Inc. is looking for a creative and innovative educator who is hungry to grow within a fast-paced, collaborative environment and contribute to the design of Global Cities, Inc.’s long‐term approach and evaluation. The Manager will report to the Vice President of Operations and work within a professional education team with Global Cities’ Founder.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Refine Global Cities, Inc.’s vision of quality instruction; incorporate lessons learned from the field to continuously improve professional development and curricula
- Analyze, understand and review student work for its effectiveness in supporting student global competence as well as literacy and technology skill sets
- Develop and lead teachers through live professional development sessions by videoconference
- Represent the program to school administrators, education leaders, and policy makers as part of recruitment efforts both domestically and internationally
- Assist in the development of original curricula on an annual basis, including the development of lesson plans and supporting materials
- Design and improve systems for capturing, codifying and sharing materials and best practices across teams
- Manage the enrollment of participating schools and ensure their effective participation in the program through telephone, email, videoconference correspondence, and in‐ person meetings as appropriate
- Participate in the design and testing of new or revised measurement tools, including pre- and post-program survey questions.
- Conduct analysis of data from existing Global Cities quantitative and qualitative data sources, such as student written reflections, interviews, and videotaped classroom observations.
- Contribute to development of reports on evaluation activities for a variety of internal and external audiences and purposes.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years of experience as a classroom teacher
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including educators, administrators, and district officials
- Strong experience analyzing and interpreting curricula and instructional data
- Experience with evaluation of educational initiatives in K-12 settings
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage in collaborative problem-solving
- Exceptional written, social, and communications skills; experienced in conducting presentations and public speaking
- Expert ability to manage time, work autonomously, and handle multiple tasks on a virtual office platform while ensuring accountability
- Proficient computer skills with some knowledge of current technological applications for educational purposes
- Fluency in a foreign language, a plus
- Ability to travel to participating sites, meetings, and events, both domestically and internationally, as needed, and flexibility for work hours that may extend beyond the New York City time zone day
- Experience with social media, a plus
Please send Cover Letter and Resume.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org