The Swiss Finance Council engages in dialogue around policy and regulatory developments in finance at a European and international level. It represents the interests of internationally active Swiss financial institutions and facilitates sharing of experience, expertise and knowledge with EU authorities, including through a permanent representative office in Brussels. It articulates and advocates the common interests of its members, Credit Suisse and UBS, provides a voice for their joint positions and a source of knowledge and experience in finance for policy makers and the industry at large.
The Policy Advisor plays a crucial role in SFC activities and will be in charge for the organization of one of its thematic working groups. She/he will be working at the representative office based in Brussels and report directly to the Managing Director of the SFC.
- Develop relationships with key EU officials and stakeholders;
- Organize and contribute to SFC working groups, with a focus on Sustainable Finance;
- Produce policy papers and other advocacy materials;
- Prepare presentations and briefings for the SFC and its members;
- Report on meetings, public hearings, conferences and other events;
- Research and inform on key EU-Swiss issues for the members;
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on policy matters;
- Contribute to SFC events.
- Good understanding of the functioning of the European institutions, EU policy/decision making and legislative processes;
- University degree in economics, business or law or comparable degree/qualification;
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with EU Institutions or the financial sector;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with stakeholders and counterparts;
- Strong time management/organizational skills;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to familiarize quickly with new and complex topics;
- A flexible and proactive attitude to work combined with an autonomous working style;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English. Being fluent in another EU language is an advantage;
- Professional use of Outlook and MS Office.
- A dynamic and international working environment;
- A competitive salary and a set of additional benefits;
- A modern workplace in the heart of Brussels with the possibility of part time mobile working;
- A full time position.
Start Date: January/First Quarter 2021
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter accompanied by a CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail.
Deadline for Applications: Friday 30 October 2020 COB
Please note that the SFC will contact only successful candidates.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org