AFS-USA is a leading nonprofit international education organization, that believes global competence is fundamental to building just and peaceful societies. We are currently seeking five (5) ambitious intercultural enthusiasts to join our team as Seasonal Interview Coordinators (SIC). You will be responsible for the successful coordination of all applicant interviews in concert with AFS-USA volunteers and via virtual meetings with applicants, as well as, associated communication, coordination, and administrative tasks.
AFS-USA will coordinate remote interviews with American high school students being considered for two U.S. Department of State scholarship programs, the National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y) and Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES Abroad). SICs will train, guide, monitor, and assist AFS-USA volunteers nationwide in virtually interviewing over one thousand applicants and SICs will also conduct virtual candidate interviews themselves.
Three of the five positions will be held from mid-November through February, and two positions from January through March. SICs will work remotely Monday-Friday, typically from 9:00am-5:00pm Eastern or 12:00pm-8:00pm Eastern, as assigned. We welcome candidates located in any U.S. state and eligible to work in the U.S. The hourly rate for this position is $18.00.
· Provide great customer service to AFS-USA volunteers, including training, guiding, monitoring, communication, assistance with applicant load management, and advising volunteers throughout the interview process.
· Initiate and maintain contact with AFS-USA volunteers to schedule, monitor progress, and track interviews, and to support throughout. Assist with volunteer interview recruitment, as necessary.
· Communicate with AFS-USA staff and volunteers to finalize the logistical arrangement for technology implementation of interviews.
· Monitor the organization and program’s digital communication resources (such as websites and newsletters) to identify areas where more information can be provided.
· Conduct personal and confidential scholarship interviews remotely with candidates.
· Track and share regular status reports and statistics
· Act as a professional and efficient point of contact for students who are scheduling an interview or require other assistance/accommodations.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education, International Studies, Communications, or relevant field of study related to this position
· Excellent customer service skills
· Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong work ethic and independent project management skills
· Extremely detail-oriented and organized
· Flexible, works well under pressure, possesses strong independent time management skills
· Proficient in MS Office suite; database experience a big plus
· Willingness to work overtime and weekends, as needed
· Experience in using Zoom and conducting webinars preferred
· Aptitude to learn and apply new information quickly
· Previous volunteering and/or training experience preferred
· Previous event planning/coordinator experience preferred
· Study abroad and/or international travel experience preferred
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org