The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting experienced cleared foreign media specialists for a language services contract. The Language Exploitation Specialists will collect, evaluate, process, and enrich foreign language information to address requirements and to identify and extract insights from it. Language Exploitation Specialists must be capable of reading, listening to, and comprehending foreign languages and applying subject matter expertise to perform various functions in the respective languages to include, but not limited to, monitoring and selection; research; source discovery and assessment; baseline maintenance; structured data creation and maintenance for the identification of quantitative and qualitative trends, patterns, and relationships in data; synthesis and summarization; and writing reports in accordance with designated style and quality standards and data management plans. Exploitation personnel are required to have strong foreign and/or English language skills but are not required to formally translate material into English.
Primary Languages of Interest: Arabic
First and foremost, all applicants must have full professional fluency in American English, including a command of common idioms and expressions.
The primary responsibilities of the linguists are:
- Monitor assigned Internet-based media sources and make selections based on customer criteria
- Process source vernacular into translations, summaries, roundups, and other defined products
- Adhere to strict style and format editorial standards
- Respond to requirements from customers by collecting data, analyzing results, and publishing detailed written reports.
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- US citizen
- An active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Professional-Level proficiency in a foreign language (ILR 3 or higher)
- Experience as a foreign media collector, translator, analyst, technical officer, or journalist Experience with open source research, including social media exploitation
- Focused knowledge of particular media environments Ability to capture geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural elements in text
- Experience in translating or summarizing from live or recorded video or audio
- Ability to identify and accurately summarize factual points as well as abstract concepts
- Ability to triage selections to isolate pertinent and nuanced info
- Master use of reference materials. Must possess computer skills; including MS Office, to be able to produce written translations and products and sufficient Internet skills that will allow advanced research on the Web
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences
- Successful completion of English and foreign language translation testing
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine-translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Subject matter expertise or education in politics, culture, religion, international relations, economics, energy, counter-proliferation, cyber threats, counter-narcotics, military, science and technology, counterterrorism, or media of a particular country or region.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org