The Task Force for Global Health's Communications & Development department supports the strategic objectives of the organization including brand identity, program success, fundraising, and employee recruitment and retention. The department leads an integrated communications program to drive high levels of brand awareness and engagement with donors, partners, employees, and other target audiences. The department is playing a critical role in the growth of The Task Force as the central communications team ties together the multiple brands/programs of The Task Force to engage a variety of audiences.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS: For further consideration of your application, please be sure to submit a resume, cover letter and 3 writing samples at the time of your submission.
The Communications and Development Manager builds and protects The Task Force brand through content creation, targeted outreach to key audiences, and use of analytics to inform strategic communications and fundraising efforts. Part of a small but savvy department, the communications and development manager will lead on key functions while also contributing “all around” on a team that prioritizes collaboration and learning new skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Content creation: Interview staff and partners to create journalistic-style stories for the newsletter, donor mailings, website, social media, press releases, video scripts, annual report, etc. Stories must be well-researched and well-written, reflecting knowledge of news conventions, AP style guidelines, and core copy editing principles.
- Media engagement: Identify newsworthy Task Force activities and key journalists, pitch stories, cultivate and manage media relationships, train spokespeople, track media coverage, conduct analytics, and represent The Task Force to increase media coverage.
- Donor relations: Help develop a comprehensive donor engagement program.
- Contribute in multiple ways: research donors, maintain donor information in Salesforce, contact donors, create materials to engage donors, inform donor cultivation plans, research best practices, and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to build a system and culture of donor engagement.
- Social media: Develop compelling content and inform social media strategy, contributing to best practices to grow social media presence and evolve approaches to stay current
- Marketing operations and analytics: Analyze data, including Task Force channels and market research, to inform and implement communications and development strategy.
- Project management: Track and deliver on deadline, prioritize time-sensitive projects, build strong internal and external relationships to create compelling content that engages audiences, and contribute to team project management tools and processes
Additional responsibilities include:
- May manage a budget.
- May assist in evaluating, measuring and responding to issues related to the quality of services provided.
- May conduct evaluations, surveys and focus groups to assist in quality improvement efforts.
- Researches constituents' satisfaction with divisional programs and services.
- Develops reports and recommendations to sustain high quality.
- May supervise or provide direction to staff.
- Leads projects as assigned.
- Serves as an internal marketing consultant for programs and services.
- May be responsible for managing various aspects of social media activities.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
TRAVEL: 5-15% domestic and international travel
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org