At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As External Communication Expert at amfori you will be:
- Media relations:
- Develop & drive a pro-active global media strategy to raise amfori’s visibility and reputation;
- Manage amfori’s international media relations including for instance facilitating interviews, drafting news releases and opinion pieces, organising media events;
- Act as the main contact person (SPOC), directing queries to the relevant executive or expert;
- Build a long-term relationships with strategically selected media and key influencers, creating opportunities for interviews and expert opinions;
- Work closely with amfori’s international network to coordinate, guide and support media activities at the local level and maximise media coverage;
- Align the media calendar with the communication strategy and editorial calendar to ensure consistency and impact;
- Create and maintain a media database, including international and local media contacts, covering mainstream and specialised outlets;
- Develop a digital Newsroom as a destination platform for all journalists interested in sustainability;
- Liaise with internal experts to ensure timely content creation and updates which reflect internal developments and resonate with our audiences;
- Write press materials, in close collaboration with the subject experts;
- Ensures dissemination of press material to relevant online/offline media outlets & follow-up on publication.
- Media monitoring and KPIs:
- Monitor daily media, report and disseminate relevant media clippings to internal and external stakeholders;
- Analyse the media relations performance and suggest improvements;
- Closely measure amfori’s reputation in the media and report on defined KPIs.
- Crisis communication:
- Take an active role in safeguarding the association’s reputation. Identify potential risks and threats to the organisation and support in handling media during crisis or unexpected negative PR incidents, ensuring potentially damaging situations are dealt with quickly, efficiently and with the necessary sensitivity.
- External Content creation:
- Annual Report : lead the creation of amfori’s annual report including GRI reporting;
- Copywriting : write, edit and proofread corporate materials as well as speeches and other external content, as needed.
- Build and maintain the reputation of amfori as a thought leader and enabler of open and sustainable trade;
- Increase the visibility and reputation of amfori in the media;
- Accurately reflect diverse topics related to “Trade with Purpose” through engaging, simple and inspiring content;
- Contribute to crisis management, leading the media relations and queries.
- Degree level in journalism, media and communications or equivalent;
- At least three to five years of successful experience working with media, journalists, influencers;
- Experience in the fields of sustainability trade, and/or policy is a must;
- Experience in managing digital newsrooms and media centre;
- Track record of crisis management;
- Proven understanding of what constitutes a good story and what is newsworthy in the new fragmented media reality;
- At ease with written as well as audio visual news reporting;
- Ability to report on standard media KPIs;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Balance between creative and analytical thinking;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- English native speaker or equivalent. Any other EU language is an asset.
- Permanent contract;
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work;
- Possible travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the candidate would work from home until at least 30 June 2021. After then, they would be expected to work from amfori’s main office in Brussels.
To apply send your CV and cover letter mentioning ‘External Communication Expert’ in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org