How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Healthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Language Specialist is an interpreter who acts as a conduit of accurate information between the healthcare provider, patient and/or family members.
- Interprets information from healthcare provider to patient and/or family members and vice-versa.
- Translates vital documents and other educational materials for hospital staff, patients and family members.
- Abides by the National Council of Healthcare Interpreters Code of Ethics.
- Functions as the mechanism for investigating patient care complaints that may involve hospital or medical staff regarding potential violations of interpretation.
- Participates in the interpreting of LEP and/or deaf patient complaints.
- Rounds with clinical staff on in-patient units.
- Participates in Basic Interpreter Training course by acting as evaluator of student’s skill level, lecturing and/or role play exercises.
- Participates in and/or lead Medical Center committees, teams, and projects as requested and/or assigned.
- Engages in community outreach to represent the Medical Center to promote patient’s rights, including but not limited to education on federal mandates.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager and/or Administrator.
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 2 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
Proficiency in English and at least 1 other foreign language, Spanish, Korean.
- 3-4 years interpreting experience in hospital, medical office and/or international relations.
- PC keyboard and basic computer skills.
- Rotating schedule/shifts and may include weekends and/or holidays based on needs.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Certification or qualification in interpreting.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org