HIAS seeks an experienced Creative Director to oversee the organization’s global brand and visual identity, ensuring that HIAS’ digital and print fundraising, marketing and programmatic materials are impactful, innovative and of the highest quality.
Part of the Global Public Affairs team and reporting to the Vice President, Communications, the Creative Director will build and lead a creative team, manage outside vendors and work closely with other senior leaders within Global Public Affairs and in other divisions.
The Creative Director will support HIAS’ country offices in the development of branded materials and promotion of HIAS’ brand, reinforcing best practices on branding and visual identity.
In addition to excellent graphic design and marketing skills, this position requires proven project management ability, digital savvy, strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
Note, this position is based at our headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland or our office in New York, New York, and we will consider a remote option for applicants who live outside of commuting distance to either of our offices.
- Works with a broad array of stakeholders, partners and others to develop digital and printed materials to help project HIAS as a leading international NGO.
- Manages HIAS’ visual identity worldwide; maintains template library, logos, fonts, color palates, iconography and other elements; develops and maintains brand standards and guidelines, and ensures they are followed by staff across 16 countries.
- Responsible for evolution of HIAS’ brand and design direction for HIAS’ website, email, social media and PR.
- Establishes visual look for fundraising, advocacy and other campaigns; project manages all design deliverables.
- Artfully combines design elements, text, photos and data into effective, elegant digital and print materials.
- Oversees production of reports, brochures, posters, marketing material, advertising, presentations and promotional items for both internal and external use; works with stakeholders to develop deadlines and budgets.
- Recruits, trains and supervises the creative team.
- Designs and implements systems to effectively manage design requests; supervises the department's daily workflow and workload, ensuring quality control and managing deadlines.
- Oversees photography collection and graphics libraries.
- Undergraduate degree in art or graphic design required; graduate degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience leading graphic design and branding, preferably at a large NGO or corporation with some international presence.
- Experience with digital and print production, infographics, video, animation, photography and brand stewardship.
- Proven track record developing high performing communication materials in a complex, fast moving environment.
- Proven project management experience, with ability to work with internal stakeholders to develop requirements, KPIs and project plans; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to manage outside vendors and budgets as necessary.
- Ability to lead and manage staff teams, and to work collaboratively with professional peers.
- Excellent planning and conceptualization skills; ability to set goals, assess risks, measure impact and supervise program implementation.
- Experience with website development and user interface design preferred.
- Creative problem-solver and self-starter, passionate about design, and detail-oriented with a commitment to innovation and excellence.
- Experience in cross-cultural or international programs, familiarity with refugee and resettlement issues and commitment to HIAS’ mission.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and application through our website.