At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking an experienced Legislative Affairs and Government Relations Specialist – to join our Government Affairs team in Brussels, Belgium. This team contributes to public policy development for the Company and is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and engaged professional to serve as a valuable contributor toward our legislative and regulatory goals.
The selected successful candidate will have a passion for working with others and an enthusiasm for the aviation industry.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- In cooperation with subject matter experts, identify, analyze and track all legislative developments that affect the Company in the EU.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts and stakeholders to develop integrated advocacy strategies to influence key legislative priorities, in particular the legislative process between the European Commission, European Parliament, and European Council.
- Lobby members of the European Parliament and Council and their staff, and support colleagues in lobbying the European Commission.
- As needed, identify and draft legislative amendments, position papers, advocacy materials, including legislative and public policy reports.
- Cultivate relationships with key Parliamentarians, Permanent Representatives, their staff, and related government bodies and leaders.
- Ensure the Company speaks with a single voice on key pursuits and for developing and coordinating the critical messages among the key stakeholders within the EU.
- Collaborate with Company business units and relevant functions to understand their strategies, goals, and business activities. Develop government affairs engagement plans to advance these activities in the EU.
- Coordinate with Boeing Government Operations teams in the US and internationally to ensure alignment.
- Build strategic cross-functional and cross-organizational partnerships to resolve problems, improve processes and achieve operational and strategic goals
- Draft reports, presentations, read-ahead documents and memos supporting meetings and events for senior leaders at The Boeing Company. Conduct research including compiling biographical information.
- Assist with visits by government and other high profile institutional stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Law, Public Policy, International Relations, or similar.
- 8+ years' experience in government relations or a related field.
- 8+ years' experience in Politics, Campaigns, Public affairs and/or issue advocacy.
- 8+ years' experience multi-tasking and working in a team environment.
- Fluent in both written and verbal English. Other languages helpful.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to pursue deliberate simplicity when condensing and explaining complex matters to internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical, research, writing and oral advocacy skills, as well as the ability to articulate legal concepts and complex issues and communicate them tactfully and effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in government or government relations, preferably in (but not limited to): European Commission, European Parliament, European Council, EASA, Member State authorities, an Embassy, or Government Affairs office.
- Exceptional initiative, vision and ability to develop and implement short and long-term integrated legislative strategies.
- Ability to keep organized in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, and adjust strategy to frequently changing demands.
- Systems-oriented, focused on creating sustainable tools and practices that can benefit the management of the entire legislative agenda.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse officials, staff, coalitions and community groups across the political spectrum and in stressful situations.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards of lobbying and professionalism.
- Relevant advanced degree (e.g., Master’s or JD).
- 8+ years' experience developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with senior executives, customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners.
- Strong passion for politics, public policy, political science, or related fields.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org