The Administration department supports the staff of Search for Common Ground AISBL particularly for the Brussels office. Members of this team collaborate with Search staff from offices across the world, including with teams from sister organization, Search for Common Ground in the USA.
- Administration: coordination for all incoming general inquiries, the signature processes, delivery and courier services, filing of official documents and contracts, keeping up to date information about the legal status of the various representation offices of Search across the world, contact management, GDPR compliance, update of Moniteur Belge and UBO register;
- Operations of the office: logistics, procurement, organization of team events, act as safety and security focal person of the office, relationship with vendors;
- Human Resources (HR): maintenance of HR files and Human Resource Information System, supports the roll-out of HR processes, preparation of employment contracts, support to HR processes and policies, support to staff with regards to HR standards, processes and documents, acts as Prevention advisor.
Key Area 1: Administration
- File management and Update: Stores key documents pertaining to the legal entity; Update key documents relating to the Brussels office (Office manual, Visitor’s manual, etc.); Manage and file all incoming and outgoing mail; Manage and file contracts; update the Moniteur Belge and UBO register
- Contact management: ensures compliance of contact management with GDPR; updates and cleans the contact database on a regular basis;
- General incoming enquiries: Coordinate general incoming enquiries, including office visitors and phone calls, mail, and redirect communication as appropriate;
- Contracts and signatures: Ensures accuracy for all the signatures of contracts, reports and proposals by the Executive Director: act as focal person for field offices requiring signatures, act as first-layer verifier of the compliance of the requests and the supporting approval documents, collect signatures and send signed documents to the relevant staff or external partners;
- Meetings: Organize meeting room and catering when relevant, schedule and collect agenda items for staff meetings, staff retreats, board Meetings, take notes during board meetings.
- Attend meetings: when delegated, attend external meetings relating to administration matters
Key Area 2: Human Resources (HR)
- Global HR support: Support the development and implementation of HR projects and activities, including recruitment, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, employee engagement, learning and development. Provide assistance in rolling out global policies, implementing HR standards and in revising the office HR policies
- Recruitment: support and guide hiring managers, posts job advert on Belgium hiring websites, prepare staff contracts and amendment of contracts
- Information: Maintains the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records for the entire staff life cycle; generates and maintains staff reports for decision making particularly related to compensation and benefits
- Onboarding and exiting of staff: organizes new staff’s onboarding to the office and exit processes
- Psychosocial environment and Ethics: Acts as prevention advisor; Supports the implementation of the global 5 year Prevention and specific 1 year Prevention plans and all the psychosocial aspects at work; Supports the EthicsPoint complaint mechanism to ensure that the EthicsPoint is socialized among staff and effective,
- Capacity building and evaluation performance management: socializes the evaluation performance evaluation process and calendar amongst staff and their supervisors. Keeps abreast of capacity building resources and opportunities available inside and outside the organisation.
- Legal: Support in monitoring legal changes that may affect the AISBL’s staff in Belgium and abroad; support the changes needed to remain in full compliance in Belgium and Europe. Point of contact with labour experts when delegated.
Key Area 3: Operations and Logistics Support
- Manage all logistics relating to the maintenance of the Brussels office : ensure appropriate maintenance of material and equipment of the office; hires and management of technicians for repairs and maintenance; act as main counterpart to the building management firm;
- Logistics: maintains the Brussels office, its equipment and material; maintains the relationships with suppliers and providers, including maintaining service delivery standards place orders for office material and supplies; keep an updated inventory; manage supplies and materials;
- Develop tools and templates: Assist in the development of forms, templates, and manuals on various themes including office management, security and administration.
- Support the safety and security of the office: act as security and safety (S&S) focal point, support the update of the S&S plan, put the S&S plan into action including plan S&S trainings for staff as appropriate, organize S&S briefings for visitors, manage the Whatsapp S&S group, keep the S&S staff emergency contact list updated;
- Event-planner: Lead the logistics related to internal and external events in Brussels such as meetings, conferences, screening of films, press conferences, social events, etc. This includes: maintaining the list of preferred venues, identification and booking of venue and caterer, acting as point of contact for technicians and guests, ensuring proper logistics unfolding of events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Human Resources or related field
- Excellent command of French and English. Good working proficiency of Dutch
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Administration or Human Resources,
- A minimum of two years experience in a relevant position in a Belgian organisation of at least 25 staff;
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as a team member and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint) and database management
- Experience working in Human Resources preferred
- Experience working for an international organisation (Europe and the world)
- Experience working in a matrix organisation
- Experience working for a Belgian non-profit organisation (AISBL / IVZW)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Engages and communicates effectively and proactively across functions and across teams.
- Builds relationships and engages effectively with collaborators.
- Uses resiliency and exhibits flexibility and adaptability to changing tasks and team priorities.
- With oversight by the supervisor, writes technical sections for team documents, briefing materials, and presentations.
- Works across functions from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Sensitively recognizes ethical situations.
- Focuses on the key objectives of a task or project.
- Creates accurate, organized, and timely work.
- Is resourceful with time management and technology to prioritize tasks with limited supervision.
- Participates in external meetings.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org