DIGITALEUROPE represents 45,000 companies from the digitalising industry in Europe, comprising corporate and 41 national associations in European countries.
Our mission is to foster a business, policy and regulatory environment in the EU that nurtures and supports the digital and digitalising industries such as health, manufacturing, banking and green tech, and a society that prospers from the jobs we provide, the innovation and economic benefits we deliver and the societal challenges we address.
We are looking for
We are looking for a Director responsible for driving the association’s technical activities and positions relating to cybersecurity. The prospective candidate will have deep knowledge of cybersecurity operations and policies at the national, European and/or international level, ideally with direct experience in cybersecurity and response management and an existing network among relevant authorities.
Key requirements for the role
- Eight to ten years of work experience in a relevant industry or governmental position;
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in cybersecurity, IT security & compliance policy and/or operations, driven by a willingness to drive the European policy agenda in building a stronger digital Europe;
- First-hand experience in dealing with risk management & reporting, critical infrastructure protection, ENISA, national cybersecurity authorities, computer emergency response teams, or NATO;
- Driven, structured and team-player;
- Experience in managing a team of 5-10;
- Proven ability to engage with high-level stakeholders and promote a common vision.
It would be valuable to have
- Experience in corporate leadership and business strategy;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment, with competing priorities;
- Ability to build consensus with different stakeholders;
- Excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
- Ability to synthesise policy documents, identifying relevant key points, facts and statistics that help explain complex technical topics to broad audiences in a concise way;
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience in presenting to senior staff and external audiences;
- Excellent writing skills in English. Knowledge of German and/or French is valuable;
- Background in business management, engineering, science, or the military.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org