CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated young professional to join our Secretariat as Internal Communication Assistant.
You will be working and learning with the Communication and Media Officer engaging our audiences, challenging our stakeholders, innovating our formats and evolving our narrative.
What exactly will you do and what will you learn
- Assist in drafting the monthly newsletter;
- Learning how create impactful newsletters using Mailchimp;
- Update website and upload documents;
- Learning how to use Wordpress;
- Implement branding guidelines across all platforms;
- Learning about creating, implementing and maintaining organisational identity;
- Draft targeted messages around publication launches, events and organisational news;
- Improve writing skills to draft short, sharp texts;
- Learning how to build a communication plan and toolkits;
- Assist in event communication, administration and logistics;
- Learning how to plan engaging thematic webinars;
- Learning about membership communication;
- Learning how to live tweet;
- Assist in social media updates;
- Learning how to use social media for effective communication;
- Monitor EU-level news on development and humanitarian assistance;
- Learning about European development policy;
- Assist in maintaining the online and offline library;
- Learning knowledge management.
- University student or graduate preferably in communication, development studies, political science or EU studies;
- Native-level of English. A second EU official language is considered an asset, but not a requirement;
- Communication mindset: capacity to break down complex, technical issues into user-friendly texts;
- Team player capable of working in a dynamic and multi-cultural NGO environment;
- Computer skills, especially web and social media related; the geekier the better.
Any of the following is a plus:
- Graphic design and editing skills are an asset;
- Experience in non-governmental organisations;
- Experience in writing, editing and proofreading, social media and online communication, including the use of content management systems (CMS).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org