Specific intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the drafting and updating of social media materials and digital products
- Assist with conceptualizing campaigns and social media activations
- Assist with publishing articles, press releases, photos, graphics and multimedia elements on the UNAOC website, social media networks and other digital platforms
- Support the UNAOC social media strategy by providing recommendations to increase higher engagement, gain more followers and improve overall reach
- Assist with design, editing, and production of graphic materials to support online and offline communications
- Support communications projects and campaigns as they arise, including conducting research and summarizing relevant information
- Provide general administrative support including taking meeting minutes, setting up meetings and conference calls, etc.
- Assist with research in support of UNAOC communications strategy
- Assist with event planning and production
- Perform ad hoc tasks for all communications-related deliverables
Monitoring and Progress Controls
Under the direct supervision of the Web and Multimedia Communications Specialist:
- Satisfactory delivery of project-related tasks within predetermined deadlines
- Meet projected outputs as outlined by the supervisor
- Production of multimedia materials as requested by the supervisor
- Provision of support for project-related deliverables
- Satisfactory delivery of communications support for projects, events, meetings, advocacies, and other UNAOC activities
- Regular meetings with supervisor to ensure timely completion of assignments
- Timely completion of data migration tasks, ensuring that all files are migrated successfully
- Contribute to amplifying UNAOC activities online.
- Contribute to overall increase in reach, engagement and overall follower count across all major platforms.
- Contribute to all UNAOC visibility efforts and strengthen the UNAOC digital presence.
*FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- All applicants must be enrolled in a university programme such as Bachelor, Masters or PhD. (or the equivalent) in the area of Journalism, Communication, International Relations, Multimedia, or Information Technology or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the application date of the internship.
Internship related experience: (The following skills and experiences are desirable but not required):
- A good understanding of the UN system and commitment to the UN mission
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on a number of separate, simultaneous tasks
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender and geographical balance.
- Proven quick and thorough research and data analysis
- Proficiency in drawing relevant information from technical content
- Experience in event planning
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and experience in developing different types of content for different audiences and mediums
- Experience with social media. Candidates must submit examples of successful social media campaigns they played a role in.
- Full command of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Adobe Lightroom and/or Adobe After Effects would be a plus
- Experience with updating Wordpress-powered websites is necessary. Experience with other Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal) would be a bonus
- Basic HTML knowledge would be an asset.
- Knowledge of photo and video production with DSLR cameras, and ability to create impactful video content for social media would be a plus.
- Fluently in English is required;
- Knowledge of other UN languages is desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org