For the RAN PS project, you will act as the Functional Unit Co-Leader for the Research Community. You will provide research management, partner coordination, and will manage and coordinate research meetings. You will also provide support to the research advisory board, development of a research e-library and the establishment of a research community.
Within RUSI Europe, you will work on financial coordination and reporting, and administrative delivery and coordination. This includes budgeting and contracting experts.
Additionally, you will contribute to business development and growing the research portfolio. There may be opportunities to conduct your own research.
- Research management: defining research topics, guiding researchers towards collaboration and meeting client objectives, build on RUSI and RUSI Europe’s research expertise, and assisting all parties to communicate across research and policy objectives;
- Partner coordination: engage with consortium's 16 members, the Project Scientific Coordinator, and RUSI research teams to ensure timely, high-quality, collaborative, and on-budget deliverables;
- Organise and coordinate events: Organise virtual and in-person events, including identification of expert speakers, drafting meeting documents and reports. Coordinate research meetings implemented by other consortium partners;
- Financial coordination and reporting: Engage with the RUSI Europe accountant to provide regular and end-of-year financial coordination and reporting;
- Administrative delivery and coordination: Arrange contracting of experts, HR reporting for contracted experts, and other administrative matters related to the RAN contract;
- Business development and growing the research portfolio: generate ideas and opportunities for building RUSI Europe and RUSI’s portfolios with the EU and other partners;
- Own research: if conditions allow, propose and deliver research on security and defence.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in International Relations, Law, Security Studies, or other disciplines relevant to this assignment;
- Fluency in oral and written English; Working knowledge of French will be an asset;
- Excellent communications skills, including facilitating communication between researchers and policy makers;
- Highly organised, rapid-output oriented, and meticulous in achieving delivery targets.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years working in research project management;
- At least 2 years working with EU funding and policy mechanisms; ideally specifically with DG HOME, DG DEVCO and research instruments, such as H2020;
- At least 5 years working with research communities, including network and institutions;
- Good knowledge of EU counter-terrorism/radicalisation policies;
- Proven experience in contributing to organising large events and conferences.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org