Result of Service
This consultancy is to contribute to the roll out of CBPF Global Guidelines, advise on enhancing complementarity between CERF and CBPF allocations, and planning, preparing, and organizing of Pooled Fund Working Group (PFWG) processes and events and of the Global Pooled Fund Managers Workshop.
01-09-23 to 29-02-24
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall leadership of the Chief of Section, and the direct supervision of the Head of the Fund Management Support Unit, the programming specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Advise Programme Officers and window leads in the CERF Programme Unit on how to improve complementarity between CERF allocations and allocations from the CBPFs, with the goal of improving inputs to the Emergency Relief Coordinator’s funding decisions on CERF allocations.
- Coordinate the continuing roll-out of the CBPF Global Guidelines in collaboration with management and all Units of the CBPF Section, including preparation of training materials and coordination of training activities; coordination of translation of materials to Arabic, French and Spanish; establishment of an on-line repository of key reference document (‘CBPF library’).
- Coordinate review of country-specific Operational Manuals; and preparation of progress updates for OCHA management and other stakeholders.
- Conduct field missions to OCHA Country Office(s) to monitor and advise field teams on the implementation of the CBPF Global Guidelines.
- Plan and prepare Pooled Fund Working Group (PFWG) processes and in collaboration with management and all Units of the CBPF Section (including thematic webinar September 2023, and in person meeting December 2023).
- Plan and organize the annual Global Pooled Fund Managers Workshop (October 2023) in collaboration with management and all Units of the CBPF Section.
- Perform other duties as required for the Section.
At least two years of work experience, preferably in humanitarian or diplomatic affairs, project development and drafting of guidance, including at least one year experience with and knowledge of humanitarian pooled funds.
Experience in conceptualizing and drafting humanitarian reports.
Experience and understanding of OCHA’s Pooled Funds.
Experience in analyzing humanitarian programming results and preparing updates and talking points for management.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in
English is required. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is required.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org