Salary: Commensurate with experience
Anticipated start date: March 18, 2024
Benefits: Paid Time Off; Holidays; Employer Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Plans; Remote Work flexibility; Medical and Parental leave
Location: Offices are in Virginia, but staff work remotely. Proof of residence in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required. Proximity to Richmond, VA required.
The overarching mission of POTI is to provide globally accessible self-paced, online, on-demand courses on peace support, humanitarian relief, and security operations at little to no cost to the student. We are committed to bringing essential, practical knowledge to those working towards peace worldwide. Key course themes include human rights, international humanitarian law, women’s rights, child protection, cultural heritage property protection, and similar topics. POTI was established in 2008. Learn more at <peaceopstraining.org>.
POTI seeks an enthusiastic and dedicated professional to serve as their next Communications and Student Support Coordinator. This individual will be the main point of contact for POTI students and will be responsible for liaising with and answering all student requests. The Communications and Student Support Coordinator will also promote POTI courses and programmes through the creation of publicity and social media content.
• Address all student support emails and inquiries, encompassing tasks such as handling account and certificate requests, addressing general and specific questions related to enrolment and studying, and investigating and resolving any challenges related to examinations or course materials.
• Check POTI office phone twice daily for messages; respond or forward information as appropriate.
• Provide timely and accurate reports regarding student support.
POTI Publicity and Marketing
• Design and create all printed and electronic POTI promotional publicity, including informational pamphlets and posters about POTI programmes, courses, etc.
Social Media and Google
• Maintain and grow POTI presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media as appropriate.
• Find appropriate articles and post POTI news that will be relevant to POTI followers and members.
• Respond to posts and questions posted on POTI sites and comment and post on other sites to increase engagement.
· Demonstrated professional experience in a related field for at least two years.
· Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Political Science, International Relations, Foreign Language or related field required. Interest and/or experience in the United Nations system is a plus.
· Outstanding communication, writing, and interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a customer-facing role is desired.
· Experience designing and developing digital and social media content, including graphics, posters, and other promotional material.
· Experience with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator desired.
· Fluency in Spanish and/or French desired.
· Positive, forward-looking, and able to work well
in a team-oriented environment.
· Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any links to previously created promotional material or social media.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org