A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on international affairs is looking to engage an enthusiastic, early career professional with some communications and events-management experience, in a six-month-long, on-site assignment. This role will support the organization's internal Speakers Bureau team, as it prepares for an annual conference that will take place during the first week of March 2018.
The conference, which will be held in Washington, DC, welcomes more than fifteen-thousand participants annually, from all 50 states and all over the world. Speakers include world leaders, influential dignitaries, practical policy experts and respected academics.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported this client for more than ten years and we have helped them identify many amazing people for a wide variety of full-time, temporary and project-oriented roles. We can provide plenty of additional details regarding the employer, to the most well qualified applicants.
While this position is currently defined as “temporary,” and we are not actively offering it as a “temporary-to-permanent” transition opportunity, we can share that our client his hired temporary Brainstorm Creative Resources employees into full-time positions in years past.
• Develop materials for on-site speaker operations and the Speaker Concierge area
• Craft written materials to support the successful execution of breakout sessions
• Coordinate a portion of the Speakers Bureau’s logistical operations for a specific venue
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate, relevant experience
• 1-2 years of "applicable" work experience
• Familiarity with issues related to American policymaking abroad
• An interest in and/or knowledge of America's interactions in Middle Eastern affairs is desired
• Exhibit a general understanding of and interest in event planning, specifically in the non-profit arena
• Demonstrated success working with Salesforce and/or other database content management systems and/or cloud-based data management systems similar to Google's suite of products
• Demonstrably strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to articulate concepts in writing in a concise, compelling manner
• Outstanding organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
• An enthusiastic desire to always be up-to-date on all aspects of a given project in real time
• The ability to grasp both the big picture and granular details of a project
• Previous experience participating in multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
• Can quickly adapt to change, think on your feet and problem solve to meet emerging challenges
• Enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude; can work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and working relationships with colleagues and partners
• Fully competent in the Microsoft Office Suite
• The ability to quickly learn basic functions of computer applications relating to event and financial management
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are announcing this opportunity on July 10, 2017 and we are ideally looking for someone to start working on or around September 5, 2017. We can offer some flexibility for the assignment to start a bit sooner than September 5, or possibly up to two weeks later.
We are only interested in receiving applications and inquiries from individuals who can work:
(1) In a full-time, temporary capacity;
(2) a regular M-F, 9am-6pm schedule;
(3) on-site at our client’s workplace near Union Station in NW, DC;
(4) starting on/around/slightly after September 5, 2017;
(5) continuing through the first week of April.
Individuals who can only work part-time or who are interested in working from home should not apply. Also, there will be a requirement to work some Saturdays during February and March. Our client’s workplace is easily accessible via car, Metrorail and Metrobus. We will provide details regarding parking options to individuals whom we schedule for interviews with the employer.
We are suggesting a pay rate range of between $20 and $25/hour, which we believe is in-line with the position requirements. These rates, when annualized, are the basis for salaries ranging from $40K to $50K. The actual rate offered will be commensurate with your experience and will be largely based on the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and/or our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
This engagement is structured differently than most temporary assignments. Instead of being paid only for the hours you work (which is a staffing industry norm), you will paid for working 40 hours each week -- even if you actually work fewer hours. This policy extends to all days that the employer's office is officially closed for vacation and also to personal and sick days within reason, but not to long strings of days when you might be away from work for personal reasons. It's worth mentioning that the organization's offices are typically closed for the entire week between Christmas and New Year's Day. So you will likely have up to one full week of paid vacation over the holidays. The engagement also offers a limited overtime differential. Overtime will be calculated under a formula that indicates different rates each week, depending on how many hours were worked during that week. We'll gladly provide documentation regarding the overtime policy and explain the specifics of it to the most well qualified applicants.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*