Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Georgia Economic Security project. The program will identify competitive Georgian products and services and provide targeted assistance to the value chain actors. In addition, the program may focus on facilitating access to finance to enable beneficiary companies to make capital investments, implement facility upgrades, and retrain the workforce. The program may also promote public-private partnerships and global development alliances with large companies to leverage additional resources and maximize impact. Depending on targeted value chains, the program may have a small policy component. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction to the project;
- Serve as a key liaison between Chemonics, USAID, government counterparts, and local partners, managing collaboration between them to create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision;
- Supervise technical and administrative staff;
- Promote outreach, communication, and networking.
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in a relevant field preferred;
- Previous work in Georgia or the region preferred;
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas preferred: competitiveness, trade, investment promotion, value chains, and access to finance;
- Expertise in the establishment of public-private partnerships and international partnerships preferred;
- Experience as a senior-level manager of large, complex, multi-year, donor-supported development projects, including significant experience implementing complex economic growth development projects;
- Facilitation, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills;
- Record of interacting and working effectively with governmental and nongovernmental actors on issues relevant to this activity;
- Personnel and resource management, coordination, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Georgian or Russian preferred.
Please send electronic submissions, including your CV and cover letter, with “Chief of party” in the subject line. By November 22, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*