Sancroft International (“Sancroft”) operates as a sustainability/corporate responsibility consultancy with offices in Lond0n and Washington DC. The company was founded by the Right Honorable John Gummer, Lord Deben, who previously served as the U.K. Secretary of State for the Environment, and who now chairs the U.K.'s Committee on Climate Change.
Sancroft’s mission is to help companies across myriad sectors improve their environmental, social and ethical/governance performance. We do this through the provision of strategic and technical support on issues regarding sustainability strategy and implementation, business and human rights, responsible sourcing, health & wellness, environmental efficiency, responsible investment, and philanthropic management. Some of our current and previous clients include: The Coca Cola Company, Nestle, Hilton, Dunkin Donuts, Bloomin’ Brands, among many others.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assist in monitoring and identifying sustainability trends, programs and issues
- Develop an area of expertise on an identified topic
- Prepare briefings on a variety of stakeholders ahead of external meetings and events
- Coordinate and oversee the work of analysts and ensure effective teamwork
- Support business development activities at Sancroft using desk based research to analyse and evaluate the performance of relevant businesses, identifying areas of strength and weakness
- Assist in the development and communication of high quality proposals
- Identify and engage with prospective clients
- Primary data collection including client interviews, surveys and questionnaire development
- Secondary data collection of publicly available information for benchmarking
- Production of briefings and case studies for clients on a variety of different topics
- Review and analyse clients’ internal documents and systems, making recommendations for improvement
- Draft and present final reports to clients
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (with a focus on corporate responsibility, international affairs/ business, human rights, environmental studies, or relevant focus areas)
- 1-3 years of experience with topic areas listed above
- Skill and confidence in exercising judgment and evaluating trends and results of data analysis, adding value to research tasks
- Ability to manage and drive project tasks, keeping deadlines and deliverables clearly on track, in collaboration with account managers
- Excellent command of PowerPoint and Excel
- Advanced proficiency / fluency in a foreign language (preferred languages include Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic) considered a plus
- Must already be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectation range.