Source Strategies Analysts collaborate with customers and source providers to develop comprehensive multi-intelligence (multi-INT), multi-source strategies to address intelligence problems. They create tasking and dissemination requirements; adjudicate requirements; analyze and investigate collection performance; assess and report on end-to-end GEOINT system performance data; and advise customers in support of the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG).
For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online applications must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Demonstrated experience with research and analysis preferably imagery analysis, including use of critical thinking skills and/or data analytics designed to address international problems of national concern.
2. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to develop and present briefings to meet the need of various audiences.
3. Experience cultivating professional working relationships and working collaboratively to develop and leverage a network of peers and across organizations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: A. Education: Bachelor's degree in Cartography, Cultural Area Studies, Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Geodesy, Geography, Geology, Geographic Information Systems, History, Hydrography, Hydrology, Imagery Science, International Affairs/Studies, Liberal Studies, Oceanography, Photogrammetry, Physical Science, Political Science, Remote Sensing, or a related discipline. -OR- B. Combination of Education and Experience: A minimum of 24 semester (36 quarter) hours of coursework in any area listed in option A plus experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this work. As a rule, 30 semester (45 quarter) hours of college education is equivalent to one year of experience. Candidates should show that their combination of education and experience totals 4 years. -OR- C. Experience: Six years of significant applied experience in the intelligence field, Imagery Analysis, the use of current GIS tools, or work related to the fields listed in A above.
In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Experience working as part of a DoD or IC GEOINT team with demonstrated high quality results or output.
2. Personal flexibility and adaptability for shifts/changes in crisis situations enabling the successful handling of unforeseen challenges inherent to working in a high-visibility environment; willing to work on 24/7 team (shift work).
3. Experience or familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
4. Geospatial-based credentials (STEM academic degrees, certifications, and certificates) are desired.
5. Experience applying intelligence sources to solve problems and issues.
6. Experience in modeling or manipulation of large data sets (Data Modeling (JEMA), PYTHON, and other IT applications supporting GEOINT).
7. Experience in programming and/or automation (C+, R).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org