This position plays a key role in driving UNF's digital engagement around key issues and priorities. It is designed to help UNF effectively reach the right audiences with the right messages, while positioning UNF as a respected and credible voice in relevant online conversations. These audiences include influential users such as leading media outlets and journalists, key stakeholders in policy and government, and public figures who champion global development causes.
On a daily basis this person will monitor digital conversations around UNF issues, ensuring we engage effectively with key voices. S/he will also identify and track key influencers on our issues, and provide data and insights that help cultivate a community of advocates and surrogates. This individual will also conduct research and analysis that helps UNF shape digital strategy.
The candidate will directly report to the Senior Communications Director, Digital Media with dotted-line reporting to the Senior Communications Director, Public Affairs.
- Partner with PA leadership to define strategy for social listening.
- Champion, design and implement a social listening agenda across the Public Affairs team and throughout UNF.
- Build listening dashboards and support processes required to make insights actionable.
- Define and develop listening rules and alerts that map to UNF priorities and issue areas.
- Monitor online conversations about UNF-related topics and identify opportunities for UNF to enter and engage in those conversations.
- Partner with editorial colleagues to align messaging and ensure consistency and accuracy of UNF contributions to online conversations.
- Through listening and monitoring exercises, expand and organize UNF's list of influencers and surrogates to support digital outreach.
- Coordinate outreach to influencers and surrogates, seizing opportunities to activate this network to amplify key messages around marquee moments and events.
- Bring a social audience and influencer perspective to campaign and content planning.
- Conduct social listening analysis on trends and emerging topics across UNF priorities and issue areas, and share findings to help shape real-time responses as well as wider editorial and content production.
- Plan, implement and evaluate digital listening programs around key events and milestones.
- Provide dedicated social media community management support around breaking news and crises.
- Report on findings of social listening to help optimize analytics reports and digital strategy.
- Research and stay up to date on social listening tools and trends, evaluate existing tools and offer creative solutions and recommendations to improve UNF's social intelligence.
- Bachelor's degree, plus at least 5 years' experience in social media management and analytics. Work experience in global development, foreign policy, at an international institution or NGO is preferred.
- Strong understanding of development sectors including climate and energy, gender, global health, and human rights / humanitarian response.
- Substantial social media analytics and insights experience with superior reporting and presentation skills.
- Outstanding writing skills, especially for social media.
- Astute decision-maker with excellent judgment and discretion.
- Proven experience collaborating across functions and teams to create social media content.
- Experience working with social listening "command centers" or strong understanding of how they function.
- Expert knowledge of social listening tools such as Brandwatch, Hootsuite and Unmetric.
- Proven ability to analyze data and translate into stories and actionable insights.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org