Duties and Responsibilities:
The Programme Manager shall provide general management and coordination support to the Team.
Leader to ensure efficient and effective design and implementation of ACCF. The incumbent will:
- Undertake technical analysis and policy advice in identification, design, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ACCF programmes/projects and activities;
- Supervise ACCF reporting requirements and implement quality assurance processes, including visit to relevant facilities and attending relevant meetings as and when necessary; Facilitate effective liaison and coordination with ASEAN Secretariat. ASEAN Member States/Sectoral Bodies, the Government of the People’s Republic of China, and other stakeholders/partners andto undertake visits/attend relevant meetings as and when necessary;
- Maintain a consolidated database of the overall progress of the ACCF programmes/projects implementation and the achievement of results, including records and progress of all programme/project activities and initiatives;
- Monitor and keep track of programme/project developments with the emphasis on ensuring their implementation, completion, and reporting requirements, including financial reports, as per ACCF guidelines and ASEC procedures and regulations;
- Prepare the status of each ACCF programme/project including its account and programmable balance in cooperation with the ASEAN Secretariat, as well as the annual reports; and submit the reports to the ASEAN-China JCC and the ASEAN-China JCC Working Group(WG);
- Manage the contract performance and mobilize inputs required from Consultants/Specialists/Experts to support the ACCF programme formulation or implementation work.
- Report directly to the Team Leader of AMT.
- Graduate degree, preferably in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Sciences, Finance or a discipline in relevant policy area covered by the Programme.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in development assistance, or relevant field. Experience in AMS or ASEAN would be an advantage.
- Proven ability in ODA (Official Development Assistance) programme/project formulation and management as well as financial and administrative management.
- Solid understanding of development cooperation, and regional issues, nature of ASEAN programmes and activities. Knowledge of ASEAN-China strategic relations is an advantage.
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including Experience in crosscultural environment and international settings.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with governmentrepresentatives, public and private sector organizations and other stakeholders.
- Proven high-level analytical skills including use of Microsoft Office applications, and ability to provide clear and concise reports.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Proficiency in Chinese language will be an advantage.
- The candidate should be ASEAN member state national