Human Rights Watch (HRW) advances human rights worldwide by investigating wrongs, exposing facts, offering solutions, and challenging those with power to respect rights. The Media department, which includes the Communications, Digital, Multimedia and Public Engagement & Campaign teams, creates and implements communication strategies to advance policy change, expand support for human rights, increase media coverage and influence in key markets, and reach new audiences.
The Public Engagement & Campaign team is the digital mobilization hub for HRW and oversees multiple public engagement initiatives. The Digital Team directs all of HRW’s own media properties. We are seeking a highly qualified Digital Engagement Manager to set strategy and execute social media paid advertising, boosting and micro-targeting in order to grow audience, mobilize digital activists, and support digital fundraising.
The Manager will promote existing content and develop a robust system for testing, targeting, and deploying paid social media promotion across platforms. The successful candidate will create a vision and develop strategies that incorporate internal training and education, testing, evaluation, and data-driven decisions to successfully engage and grow audience in multiple international markets.
HRW is looking for an innovative digital thinker with a deep understanding of platform marketing, content distribution, and data analysis. The candidate should have strong project management skills and be detail-oriented. This is an opportunity to guide paid and social media innovation at Human Rights Watch and mobilize global audiences on the most pressing human rights issues of the day. The position is based in the New York office and reports jointly to the Director of Global Campaigns, based in New York, and the Digital Director, based in Toronto.
The Manager will collaborate closely with colleagues in the development/marketing, program and advocacy divisions as well as external vendors and creative firms. The Manager will serve as an internal advisor across the organization on social spend strategies.
1. Develop and implement a robust social media ad strategy across multiple audience verticals and social platforms;
2. Directly oversee vendor execution of paid media campaigns across teams, geographies, and diverse key performance indicators (KPIs);
3. Help senior leadership, program colleagues, and donors understand opportunities, develop capacities, and apply best practices;
4. Manage external vendors deliverables and contracts;
5. Stay abreast of evolving trends, tools, policies and methodologies in social media marketing;
6. Develop robust data tracking and reporting metrics and benchmarks for evaluating success and informing resource allocations;
7. Operate as an active member of the HRW media team to advise on effective paid distribution strategies;
8. Keep campaigns on track with timelines, budgets, and stakeholder communications.
9. Build practice of testing for messaging, audience, and content insights;
10. Develop systems and internal processes to manage media spend requests and multiple simultaneous campaign streams;
11. Ensure compliance with HRW’s ethical, legal and security standards; and
12. Carry out any other tasks as required
The successful candidate will be a highly-skilled, motivated, and innovative manager with a passion for problem-solving and building something new, with a proven track-record of driving audience engagement, conversion, and growth.
Education: A degree in Marketing, Digital Technologies, Communications, Business, or related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of three to five years of experience in social/digital marketing in media, non-profit, platform or agency environment, is required.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
1. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
3. Track record of being a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
4. Fluency in multiple social media platform ad manager tools, trends and challenges particularly in non-US markets.
5. Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work effectively under pressure, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
6. Strong work ethic and a “growth mindset” – an orientation towards trying new things, taking risks and experimentation.
7. Familiarity with marketing automation software/tools and social listening platforms such as HootSuite, SproutSocial, and Talk Walker.
8. Excellent grasp of social media and web metrics, Google Analytics, and best practices.
9. Commitment to HRW’s mission and human rights values.
Desirable Qualifications / Skills:
1. Proficiency in at least one other language in addition to English.
2. Experience in creative content production for social media.
3. Familiarity with CRMs, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), or web languages a plus.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits. HRW offers a relocation assistance package and will assist employees in obtaining necessary work authorization, if required; citizens of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org