Start Date: 2020, ASAP
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
About Hanbury Strategy
Hanbury Strategy is a fast-growth strategic advisory firm that provides political analysis and insight to clients from the FTSE 100 through to fast-growth, disruptive start-ups.
In just three years Hanbury has grown to over 50 people with offices in London, Brussels and Berlin and has very ambitious plans for 2020 and beyond. Described as 'one of the most exciting start-ups in the space for some years'. Hanbury’s EU team is fast growing and provides clients with analysis and strategic advice on political and regulatory developments in Brussels and member states.
We are looking to grow the team with the acquisition of an Executive/Senior Executive, someone with up to two or three years experience, who would relish the opportunity to support the next stage of our growth. This person would actively help the team deliver EU Public Affairs client counsel and produce content, working closely with EU Director Chris Glueck and EU Partner, Gergely Polner. The role can be London or Brussels-based.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growth business with bold ambitions. The Executive/Senior Executive will help the team to realise the huge potential to work across projects that will genuinely leave their mark.
- Salary DoE;
- Generous bonus scheme - up to three months annual salary depending on performance;
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Ideally you have had exposure to government, regulators, EU Institutions, or public affairs consultancies, via your studies, internships or an employed position;
- You have a good understanding of one of the following; sustainable finance or tech and data policy.
Client Account Servicing
- Work across a portfolio of client accounts supporting the whole team to ensure the efficient running of those accounts;
- Contributes with increasing confidence to internal and external client meetings;
- Handles general account administration effectively, demonstrating great attention to detail with minimum instruction and guidance;
- Contributes to client and new business proposals and presentations, providing support to colleagues, including media, policy and client sector research;
- Takes the initiative to attend relevant external events and start to build their network and promote Hanbury.
Team and Personal Development
- Proactively drives own personal development, seeks out and pursues appropriate opportunities for relevant training;
- Raises any concerns directly with line manager in a timely and constructive manner;
- Responds to feedback and adapts behaviour accordingly;
- Supports everybody within the team and treats everyone fairly and with respect;
- Shares feedback and contributes ideas to help develop the culture;
- Takes time to participate in team events and celebrate the successes of the team.
Email your CV (no covering letter) and answer the following questions in your email:
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenge/successfully influenced someone? (300 words max)
- What achievement are you most proud of in your career/studies thus far? (300 words max)
- What impact will the climate agenda have on financial services regulation over the next five years? Which possible policy changes are likely to be realised? OR: What do you believe will be the most important development in the field of EU data policy over the next five years? We are looking for facts and reasonable, well explained predictions on what’s likely to happen and what are the main indicators to watch. (1 page max)
We encourage early applications as we will be hiring on a rolling basis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org