Launched in October 2018, VOW to End Child Marriage is an innovative new social change initiative that puts the power of the global wedding industry behind the worldwide movement to end child marriage. Every year, 12 million girls are married before the age of 18; some as young as 8 or 9. VOW believes that every girl has the right to a safe and healthy future, including the right to choose if, when and whom to marry.
VOW invites engaged couples, their guests and the wider public to make a difference for girls across the world. At the heart of our approach are partnerships with iconic wedding brands – including Crate and Barrel, The Knot, The Peninsula Hotels and others – that are engaging their customers in funding efforts to end child marriage. The idea is simple: When a couple says ‘I DO,’ we can all help girls at risk of child marriage to say ‘I DON’T’.
VOW, headquartered in New York City, is seeking its first Corporate Partnerships and Development Lead (reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer) to spearhead the creation and support of game-changing partnerships that will create a new source of revenue to help girls around the world choose their own futures. Within a few years, we want to see a wide portfolio of brands supporting VOW and raising millions annually. You’ll help us achieve that vision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify, pursue and cultivate new brand partnerships to raise funds to help end child marriage. Drive the new business pipeline, lead partnership development, build relationships with industry leaders and find the right people within organizations to make partnerships happen. Work closely with the CEO and others on outreach and in developing creative, customized activation concepts for brand partners and in closing new brand partner agreements.
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan for VOW’s partnerships with a focus on generating revenue to support girls. Design strategies for partnership positioning, demonstrating business value and identifying opportunities for shared impact.
- Manage relations with VOW corporate partners. Lead on specific accounts while also providing support to other team members to cultivate and steward other accounts. Manage implementation of partner promotions, creative collaboration and overall relationship development. Ensure compelling communication to all VOW corporate partners, keeping them updated and invested in the organization’s work.
- Plan for future development of the VOW partnerships team, including operational processes and project management standards, staffing, professional development, etc.
- Collaborate with the CEO and partners to set and track annual financial partnership goals.
- Oversee the design, refresh and customization of sales and marketing materials for VOW, in collaboration with creative support services.
- You love building partnerships and have at least 5 years of experience managing, building and/or implementing cross-sector partnerships that raise funds.
- You’re an incredible communicator. You have outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills and an ability to maintain strong professional relationships with a wide array of individuals in person and by writing and phone. You know how to deliver a dynamic presentation.
- You know that relationships are at the heart of successful partnerships and you constantly focus on building productive working relationships with others.
- You’re on top of the latest industry trends in cause marketing and nonprofit fundraising. You love learning from what others are doing and you want VOW to be an innovative industry leader.
- You’re equally comfortable in both strategy and execution. You see the big picture and you also relentlessly make sure the details are covered.
- You want to help build an organization, taking VOW from a nascent startup to a global philanthropic initiative. You thrive in fast-paced, ambitious environments. You work hard and you have fun while you do it.
- You’re digitally savvy – you see the power of digital tools to build relationships and raise funds. You actively follow social media trends and you love being online.
- You have a passion for gender equality and girls’ rights coupled with the spirit and drive of a social entrepreneur.
- You have exceptional judgment and emotional intelligence. You’re a careful listener and can read the room. You demonstrate personal integrity and dedication.
- When travel resumes, you are prepared to travel on occasion.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
To apply, submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes a description of a corporate partnership that you have secured and developed over time, summarizing the goals of the partnership and its outcomes. Please include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Send your application by May 20, 2020 to [email protected] with the subject line “VOW Corporate Partnerships and Development Lead.”
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org