Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization. For 25 years, we have been providing relief in emergencies worldwide. We also run missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in 44 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in Iraq:
We returned to Iraq at the end of 2016 to respond to the needs of the civilian population caused by the fighting in Mosul. The PAH response team immediately began to provide humanitarian aid to the residents of the city, supplying food baskets and hygiene kits.
In 2017, Polish Humanitarian Action reached over 30 000 beneficiaries in Ninawa Governorate by providing food and hygiene assistance in cooperation with Caritas Czech Republic. Additional 23 000 beneficiaries from Erbil Governorate received food, hygiene or NFI assistance in project funded by Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In 2018, PAH has reached 25,000 beneficiaries in Erbil, Duhok and Ninawa Governorate. In 2019, PAH has started rehabilitation of damaged water networks in Mosul, Telkef, Hatra, and has distrubited MPCA in Gwer, PAH has reached more than 25,000 last year. In 2020, PAH is planning to reach more than 60,000 beneficiaries in Erbil, and Ninawa governorates under the sectors of WASH, MPCA, Livelihood and Education.
PAH’s current activities in Iraq include:
• swift reaction to humanitarian crisis in Iraq.
• improvement of quality of all actions, assuring more adequate humanitarian response, following humanitarian standards and requirements of local communities.
• response based on complementary programs and projects which are created in coordination with local authorities and local communities.
• support of Iraqi employees in improvement of personal potential and professional capacity.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Iraq is looking for Head of Operations. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
• Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
• Implement efficient processes and standards
• Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. data protection)
• Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
• Liaise with superior to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
Manage the Operations Team (finance & accounting, HR, logistics, administration)
Aim 1: Lead Mission operational activities in strategic direction to be able to positively influence mission program quality and growth by:
• Developing operational plan and master budget as per the most recent mission strategy
• Supporting project proposal development and/or new initiatives as may be requested.
• Following all PAH policies and procedures required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
Aim 2: Lead the Logistics team in the mission in the delivery of efficient cost effective and quality logistics services to be able to support the emergency, recovery and development programme delivery in Iraq by:
• Line managing the logistics focal point of the mission and providing managerial and technical support
• Providing strategic guidance and overall lead in the Logistics team,
• Maintain familiarity of operations team with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with donor and PAH procedures/requirements and that appropriate documentation of projects for transparency and future donor inspection/audit is in place.
• Facilitating field assessment to identify potential vendors through a supplier mapping exercise which will provide adequate supply chain efficiency.
• Setting standards to the logistics team and supporting them in meeting minimum standards,
• Leading the setting up of new office premises and staff guesthouses as PAH continues to expand in Central and Southern Iraq.
Aim 3: Lead the HR and Admin team in the mission in the delivery of efficient cost effective and quality HR and admin services to be able to support the programmes in Iraq by:
• Providing managerial and technical support to the HR staff
• Keeping a very close eye on the legal environment and also interpreting, analyzing and communicating information about changes in the operational environment (including changes in local laws, policies and procedures) and advice the mission on compliance.
• Conduct salary benchmark and update PAH Iraq Mission salary scale.
• Ensuring an efficient, timely and transparent recruitment process in the mission.
Aim 4: Lead the finance team in the mission in the delivery of efficient cost effective and quality finance/accountancy services to be able to support the programmes in Iraq by:
• Ensuring sound financial management of programming, including but not limited to effective budget planning, forecasting, analysis and financial reporting.
• Properly managing financial resources and implementation of financial strategies, policies and procedures at the mission level.
• Ensuring that the financial system is run properly and in compliance with PAH policies, procedures and standards.
• Supporting project leads with project financial management including budget development, cash forecasts, provision and interpretation of monthly budget versus actual comparison reports, financial analysis, preparation of internal and external financial reports, and facilitation of internal and external audit processes including audit closures.
Aim 5: Lead the Security team in the mission in the delivery of efficient cost effective and quality safety and security services to be able to support the programmes in Iraq
• Diploma in Business Administration, Humanitarian Assistance or any related field;
• At least 3 years of field experience in implementing Operations/Programme Support departments in post conflict setting;
• Budget management experience; ability to participate and develop project budgets
• At least 1 year of team management in cross-cultural environment;
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building, training and facilitation experience;
• Understanding of specifics of humanitarian organization;
• Excellent skills in report writing;
• Advanced MS Office user;
• Excellent communication and human relations skills;
• Strong planning and organizational skills; orientation to detail
• Strong analytical skills and capacity to solve complex issues related to project’s delivery;
• Language Skills: Fluent in English, Arabic and Kurdish;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org