iMentor is seeking an Associate Director of Development to drive institutional giving and other aspects of the New York City Region’s funding portfolio, building and maintaining strong relationships with institutional and corporate supporters. Reporting to the Managing Director of Development, iMentor NYC, they will work to connect the direct service work of New York City to the funding environment and help translate the impact of iMentor’s programming to garner new revenue.
As an external spokesperson for iMentor NYC, they will work to build relationships with key funders and leaders in the funding sphere. As the NYC lead on stewardship, they will work to cultivate deep and meaningful connections that result in a network of supporters to help fund programming. They will work with members of the NYC Development and Recruitment team to create multiple touchpoints for corporate champions and volunteers, including in-person opportunities and events. As the resident storyteller, they will contribute to grant writing projects that will lead to new institutional and corporate opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have experience in development strategy, grant writing and in developing authentic connections with current and prospective supporters. Through their work, they will be able to help the NYC region demonstrate its impact via authentic storytelling. The Associate Director will have an opportunity to manage multiple streams of work and build strategy to increase fundraising capacity. Overall, they will contribute to the entrepreneurial spirit of iMentor NYC’s founding development team.
- Conduct deep landscape analysis and research to build out a diversified portfolio of funders, inclusive of partnerships with smaller corporate and family foundations.
- Build a network of supporters to solicit new funders.
- Devise and execute a stewardship and communications plan that engages supporters and stakeholders, leveraging stories of mentor-mentee pairs, iMentor NYC’s impact, and the post-secondary success narrative across the organization.
- Work closely with the Recruitment team to establish and maintain relationships with corporate champions, regional board members, and program officers to generate interest in funding iMentor, leading to new income streams.
- Secure corporate sponsorships for large-scale fundraising events.
- Write exceptional grant proposals and reports, letters of inquiry, internal briefing documents and memos, and other donor materials, that effectively and succinctly capture iMentor’s work and impact.
- Manage regional grants calendar to ensure proposals and reports are submitted on time, and work across iMentor departments to ensure grant requirements are met in a timely and coordinated fashion.
- Leverage relationships with iMentor NYC’s program implementation team to collect pair stories in order to develop compelling written materials and funder pitches.
- Collaborate with national teams, including Development, Research & Evaluation and Communications, to complete proposals and reports, creatively positioning the NYC program within the education landscape.
- Support iMentor organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend events
- 7 years + fundraising and development experience across multiple revenue streams, with demonstrated success making five to six-figure asks.
- Experience interacting with a variety of donor bases and prospective funders, including corporate partners and private foundations.
- Displays a passion for relationship building, creating buy-in and inspiring others to engage in mission-driven work.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate clear, persuasive, and concise thoughts.
- Demonstrated project management experience, excellent organization skills, and a keen eye for detail throughout fundraising ventures.
- Must display enthusiasm for refining fundraising pitches, soliciting donations and approaching high-level contacts.
- Demonstrated success in grant and proposal writing, fundraising campaign strategy and/or public relations writing.
- Strong contributor within team environments and a driver of organizational culture.
- Leverages input of stakeholders to move work forward and shares information internally and proactively to increase fundraising success across the organization.
- Maintains an entrepreneurial approach to their work and can work autonomously both internally and externally.
- Experience in drafting government grant proposals and working with federal institutions, a plus.
- Demonstrated alignment with iMentor's mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education, beliefs, and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity across the iMentor community.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Our organization works in partnership with district public schools across the country. In doing so we must meet all compliance requirements of those districts.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org