CEPS is looking for an expert on trade economics and policy to work on complex research projects and provide independent advice on EU and global trade policy issues.
- You will become a member of CEPS’ staff and work with our trade and policy evaluation experts;
- You will conduct research and advisory activities in the field of trade economics and trade policy;
- You will be part of international teams that carry out projects for EU institutions and other funding organisations;
- You will participate in the acquisition of new research and advisory projects;
- You will give presentations on the above-mentioned topics at project meetings and external events;
- You will write commentaries and research papers;
- You will participate in the writing of interim and final project reports.
- You hold a Ph.D. in economics or related subject (or equivalent professional experience);
- 5 years of professional or research experience (2 years, if you hold a Ph.D.) is a plus;
- You have a good knowledge of trade economics and policy, including EU trade policy;
- You are familiar with CGE models;
- Experience in working with models assessing environmental/climate change impacts of trade is a plus;
- Experience with complex projects on EU trade policy issues, including ex-ante impact assessments, sustainability impact assessments and ex-post evaluations is a plus;
- You have experience in writing funding proposals and in carrying out externally funded projects;
- You have a proven record of writing and presentation skills and are able to critically read and comment on research reports and academic publications in the field;
- You have an excellent command of English, both orally and in writing; knowledge of other EU official languages is a plus
- You are eager to invest in building and maintaining a growing research network;
- You are able to work in a research and advisory team involving junior and senior colleagues and can organise your own activities;
- You are able to handle stress, respect deadlines and are able to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities;
- You enjoy teamwork and are open to giving and receiving feedback;
- You have, or are willing to develop insights into ongoing legislative and policy debates.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org