The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
The Department of Political Science and Criminal Justice at West Texas A&M University (a member of the Texas A&M System) invites applicants for a 9-month position at the Instructor level in Political Science to begin in Fall 2020. Responsibilities include teaching political science courses at the undergraduate level, with a teaching load of 5/5, service, advising, and research. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience teaching American Government and/or State and Local Government at the university level and are able to contribute to the public administration and public policy curriculum.
West Texas A&M University is a student-centered, learning community dedicated to educating tomorrow’s leaders through innovative academic and co-curricular undergraduate and graduate programs. Applicants must explain how they will actively promote and participate in our student-centered mission, values, and philosophy. All applicants must demonstrate a willingness to learn, support, and promote these initiatives and values.
If you have any questions concerning this position, please contact the Search Committee Chair:
Dr. Lisa Garza
Associate Professor & Department Head
Phone: (806) 651-2593
• Teaching undergraduate courses in political science, public administration, and public policy.
• Willing to develop and teach online courses.
• Ability to develop courses in their field of interest.
• Additional responsibilities include advising students, supporting student clubs and organizations, conducting and reviewing scholarly research, and active participation in professional organizations.
• MA in Political Science, Public Administration, Public Policy, or a related field.
• Ability and willingness to teach American Government and/or State and Local Government.
• Ability and willingness to teach online courses.
• Experience teaching courses in an online environment.
• Experience teaching in a university environment.
Applicants must provide the following materials in order to be considered for this position:
• Letter of interest
• Curriculum Vitae
• Three references
• Official transcripts
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org