ESCR-Net - The International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR-Net) is seeking a communications assistant to work in its New York City secretariat office.
ESCR-Net connects over 280 NGOs, social movements and advocates across more than 75 countries to build a global movement to make human rights and social justice a reality for all. Through ESCR-Net, members exchange information, build solidarity across regions, develop new tools and strategies, and advance collective actions to secure economic and social justice through the human rights framework, with a special focus on economic, social and cultural rights (ESCR). The member-led, collective work of ESCR-Net is guided by core principles of gender and regional balance in leadership and participation, intersectional analysis, and centrality of grassroots groups and social movements.
For a complete overview of ESCR-Net’s work, please visit our website at www.escr-net.org.
Based in our New York City office and supervised by the communications coordinator, the communications assistant will be part of a two-person communications team.
This position will assist in the maintenance of ESCR-Net’s communications systems and implementation of strategic communications initiatives. This will include: leveraging and increasing our social media presence, including producing engaging graphic and audiovisual content across different platforms; regularly updating and disseminating information online about ESCR-Net collective actions, as well as individual member activities, across four languages, in order to facilitate information-sharing amongst diverse ESCR-Net member organizations and individuals; and assisting other secretariat staff in utilizing ESCR-Net’s communications tools.
- Work alongside ESCR-Net Communications Coordinator to set communications strategy, vision, and goals.
- Produce and edit written, audiovisual and graphic materials, specifically short videos, event flyers and social media and web visual assets.
- Create, update, and maintain content and community engagement across all ESCR-Net social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube – in order to mobilize around ESCR-Net advocacy objectives.
- Co-create editorial calendars, social media posting schedules, and work plans.
- Define and track key metrics for our online channels and use that information to optimize communications performance.
- Regularly update ESCR-Net website (in 4 languages), and over time, working closely with the Communications Coordinator, assist in the process for restructuring the Network’s website.
- Craft and send ESCR-Net quarterly newsletter content (copy and visuals) and assist in growth strategy , as well as support copy-editing on targeted updates on specific projects-working groups (via our CiviCRM.)
- Facilitate effective internal communications and track communications projects in ESCR-Net’s internal project management system.
- Provide technical support to ESCR-Net staff and members on communication systems, including overall coordination of translations across our four working languages, email blasts, webinars, website CMS, Google Groups and G Suites.
- Interface with consultants hired to work on communications projects, receiving invoices and coordinating with our finance team.
- Excellent communication skills in English, with proven writing, editing and proofreading ability.
- A proven track record (3+ years) in communications, social media, online campaigning or a comparable mix of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, new media or related field.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing human rights, climate justice and/or related social justice issues.
- Ability to synthesize complex information in meaningful and creative ways for distribution to a variety of audiences.
- Organization and project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media platforms.
- An eye for good design with demonstrated experience using Adobe Suite or similar (Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva)
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic.
- Some experience with linear media editing (audio/video)
- Some experience using Website Managements Systems (WordPress/Squarespace /Drupal)
- Some experience using newsletter platforms.
- Some experience with data analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook insights, etc.
- Campaigning/organizing experience, ideally involving effective use of communications strategies to advance human rights and social justice.
- Ability to work in a third Network language, including French, Arabic or Spanish.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
Please email your curriculum vitae along with a letter of interest and a social media portfolio, with the subject line that includes “Communications Assistant”.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org