WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitterand Facebook.
We are looking for a Producer I to join the Inside Politics Sunday team in Washington, DC.
• Must have a strong segment producing vision –work includes pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed. Involving identifying guests, video elements and graphic elements (including relevant fonts).
• Coordinating execution of segments and show live from control room---as well as shepherding video and graphic elements.
• Developing graphics for segments or Magic Wall based on theme. Which requires a knowledge of effective infographics and familiarity with polling data.
• Collaborating with newsgathering, the Row and Media Operations to obtain the best elements. Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories.
• Managing all rundown elements. Ability to cut video (VOs & SOTs) on a tight deadline and appreciation of what makes an effective element for an introduction vs an interview or discussion.
• Three years broadcast producing experience preferred; four years a plus.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
• Excellent research and writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
• Must be able to cut video –proficiency with Adobe Premiere.
• Must love news, politics and polling and be good at explaining it to a wide audience.
• Ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
• Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Strong production vision- ability to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
• Self-starter ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org