APCO Worldwide in Brussels has an immediate opportunity for an Associate Consultant to join our dedicated Energy & Sustainability practice.
By joining our Energy & Sustainability team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious. Our clients come to us to help support them on issues that often have a very significant impact on their business operations in Europe and often globally. We support them in the public policy domain and through communications to ensure that their businesses and the benefits they bring to commerce and consumers are fully understood.
About APCO in Brussels:
The Brussels office consists of 40+ multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. technology, competition, healthcare, financial services, energy and environment etc.
By operating in a collaborative environment, employees are encouraged to work across practice groups, offices, and regions and develop a multi-faceted understanding of policy/regulation, politics, issues and trends.
Profile and Responsibilities:
The Associate Consultant interfaces with all levels of internal staff and client staff regarding project issues.
- Plays a key role in organizing and delivering coverage of all relevant policy, political, media and stakeholder developments to clients, explaining and analysing the business implications with clarity and conciseness.
- Participates actively in internal and client meetings, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions; maintaining self-awareness and professionalism to ensure contributions are appropriate.
- Is able to maintain reliable contact with clients in providing service; maintain email/telephone contact with clients as needed, without requiring a supervisor to intervene.
- Delegates tasks to junior team members where appropriate and reviews the work of junior colleagues to ensure work of the highest quality is delivered to the client on each and every occasion.
- Identifies ways for expanding client engagement and presents ideas to senior staff members.
- Prepares customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations (requiring minimal revisions by managers)
- Drafts complete proposals for client work showing an understanding of APCO’s tools, structure and service offerings; oversees the deliverable production process
- Proactively identifies external meetings and training opportunities to attend to build sector knowledge and contacts.
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in any related field to the role or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, ideally in consultancy, in-house, trade association or European institutions
- Proven experience and knowledge of EU environment, climate or energy policies.
- Fluency in English & Dutch (speaking and writing)
- Excellent communication & writing skills;
- Strong understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures;
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong network within the EU institutions;
- Good team player, proactive “solution-oriented” attitude;
- Computer Skills: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines;
- Eligible to work in the EU.
Only candidates with demonstrable experience and skills matching the above profile and requirements should apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org