Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director/Headof Trade Facilitation Division, the Senior Officer shall be responsible to:
Provide policy support for ASEAN Member States pertaining to the implementation of the AEC 2025 Trade Facilitation Strategic Action Plan and other relevant international and ASEAN commitments
- Provide policy inputs to the relevant ASEAN sectoral bodies on areas that could improve the flow of goods, including the elimination of trade barriers and simplification of customs procedures.
- Provide policy inputs on the implementation of international and regional trade facilitation agreements, including, but not limited to, the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement and the ASEAN Trade in Goods Agreement.
- Provide policy reports on future trade facilitation issues, such as the use of electronic platforms for trade documents and electronic commerce.
- Prepare internal policy briefs for high-level meetings.
Provide research support on trade facilitation best practices
- Assist Member States on the implementation of the ASEAN Seamless Trade Facilitation Indicators as a tool to monitor the progress of trade facilitation in the region and to identify trade facilitation procedures that could contribute to the reduction of trade transaction costs and increase of intra-ASEAN trade.
- Work with research partners to design, implement, and analyse studies with relevance to trade facilitation and its associated areas.
- Provide advisory opinions on trade facilitation areas, as well as serving as the resource persons on trade facilitation issues.
Coordinate and provide support for the implementation of technical assistance programmes
- Identify trade facilitation areas requiring technical assistance from Dialogue Partners.
- Provide inputs for the development of technical assistance programmes.
- Support the implementation of technical assistance programmes.
- Review the implementation of programmes and propose follow-ups in line with needs.
- Coordinate trade facilitation activities and initiatives for the implementation of ASEAN international and regional commitments.
Provide meeting support for the relevant ASEAN bodies
- Prepare and present policy papers.
- Coordinate the participation of ASEAN sectoral bodies and AMS, and the relevant external organisations.
- Prepare agenda and/or report of the meeting for adoption.
- Coordinate responses and follow-ups from the meetings of the relevant sectoral bodies.
- Coordinate the organisations of the relevant workshops or other events that relate to ASEAN trade facilitation meetings.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree) in International Trade, Economics, Business administration or an appropriate related field or discipline, with a minimum of three years of relevant working experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of relevant working experience, in policy and technical skills, in Trade Facilitation and international customs and trade procedures.
- Extensive supervisory experience, within a management position with a minimum three years high-level experienced in technical role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and policy, research and technical skills in the relevant area and ability to acquire them.
- Understanding of international and regional issues, and knowledge of and commitment to ASEAN ideals.
- High-level interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including experience in cross cultural environment and international settings.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with government representatives, public and private sector organisations and other stakeholders.
- Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment and in work planning.
- Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Commitment to teamwork and collaborative work practices.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Familiarity with econometric and statistical tools.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org