In this vein, the Sanctions & Embargoes Americas team is seeking a Regulatory Control Advisor who will be responsible for blocks and rejects reporting to OFAC, targeted research and investigations, and producing metrics and reporting for senior management. You will also have regular interactions with Operations, US Sanctions Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) staff, as well as on occasion with business. You should therefore, be comfortable working with colleagues at all levels, have excellent writing skills and possess the necessary interpersonal and leadership qualities to operate effectively in this role. You will research and conduct investigations in response to violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, with a particular focus on OFAC-related matters, as well as blocks, rejects, re-submissions and funds returned. You will draft written blocked and rejected transaction reports, for review by the Regional Head of Sanctions, and submit those finalized reports to OFAC.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Hear from our people and look inside our office: [email protected] Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- In-person representation of Sanctions and Embargoes in meetings, walkthroughs, and interviews plus document production and reconciliation of deliverables
- Assist in supporting and managing findings and remediation work resulting from exams and reviews. Manage, update, and draft closure documentation for self-identified issues
- Review, monitor and update reconciliation reports related to blocked property and rejected reports and liaise accordingly to generate MIS reports. Support sanctions-relevant reporting obligations to the competent authorities
- Identify key deliverables and milestones and update/develop corresponding scope documents, project/action plans and traceability matrices. Support ongoing work to respond to regulatory changes, streamline existing processes, and strengthen controls
- Assist the Team Lead to implement enhancements for and controls on the Sanctions reporting process, including incorporating all relevant regulatory obligations based on change management/governance recommendations and new legislations. Assist in the collection of information in response to law enforcement, regulatory, or internal inquiries
- Keep abreast of the global landscape, including changes in US and EU sanctions laws and regulations
Your Skills and Experience:
- Minimum professional work experience in financial services and/or non-profit organizations with a strong background in program management, governance, sanctions and/or regulatory trends. Previous involvement in building new systems to meet complex reporting requirements is an asset
- Strong analytical, research, data interpretation and documentation skills. Organized, detail- and results-oriented and structured work style, with the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication, documentation and presentation skills are essential. Able to prioritize and deliver according to strict timelines and quality standards
- Collaborative working style in a team setting, and can also work well independently and seeks solutions for obstacles and missing information to ensure compliance deadlines are met. Strong work ethic, diligent, efficient, mature approach to work and a strong willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree (JD or Graduate degree in international relations, international law, public policy, economics, finance and related fields preferred). Microsoft office proficient (Excel, Word, Power Point)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org