RavenTek has a current opening supporting the Dept. of State, Bureau of African Affairs, Office of Security Affairs as a Countering Violent Extremism (CVE)Program Support Specialist/Management Analyst. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Support Grants Officer Representative (GOR)in daily oversight and management of TSCTP and PREACT funded CVE programs including conducting bi-weekly check-in calls with recipients, reviewing quarterly reports, organizing and managing grant files, and ensuring all documents are uploaded to the SAMS Domestic system.
- Monitor, collect data, maintain files, and prepare periodic reports on the status of PREACT and TSCTP Economic Support Fund (ESF)-funded projects, including financial data of obligation and disbursement of funding, in coordination with U.S. Embassies and grantees.
- Support GOR and senior CVE Program Manager in development of risk mitigation plans and conduct risk analysis for TSCTP and PREACT funded CVE programs.
- Design and develop new PREACT and TSCTP CVE programs in support of program office CVE strategic objectives.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluations Team and Senior CVE Program Manager to develop a results framework to enhance the monitoring and evaluation of PREACT and TSCTP ESF-funded projects.
- Assist AF/SA in drafting Statements of Work and other materials as necessary for PREACT and TSCTP CVE projects.
- Travel periodically to Africa to enhance program coordination with embassy representatives and conduct site visits to oversee ongoing programming for assigned programs.
- Attend interagency, donor community, and NGO meetings on CVE to provide updates on TSCTP and PREACT ESF-funded projects and coordinate with other actors operating in the region.
- Conduct program reviews and meetings that pertain to ongoing programs and new requirements as required.
- Knowledge of political, cultural, and social dynamics across East, West, and Central Africa.
- Knowledge of best practices and research relating to countering violent extremist ideology and recruitment
- Experience traveling and conducting program assessments in Africa
- Experience with assessing project progress, conducting briefings, and preparing comprehensive reports with solutions and recommendations for senior level managers
- Experience with and basic understanding of grants management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and related data processing systems
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Government, International Relations, African Studies, History, or equivalent and at least four (4) years of professional experience
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, Government, International Relations, African Studies, History, or equivalent and at least two (2) years of professional experience.
- Experience managing, overseeing, and reporting on civilian assistance programs, preferably experience related to CVE in Africa
- Experience coordinating and supporting the management of U.S. Government funding
- Familiarity with general TSCTP and PREACT CVE programming
- Experience with integrating Disarmament, Demobilization, and Reintegration (DDR) into CVE programming and strategy
- Experience with and technical knowledge of the methods for designing, implementing, and overseeing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategies
- Proficiency in French language
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org