Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Policy Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to use your military pilot/navigator experience helping a team of contractor and government personnel support the Air Staff in developing guidance and providing oversight for the DoD Foreign Clearance Program. This DoD-wide program enables compliance with U.S. Government, foreign government, and civil aviation authority policy, requirements, and procedures for DoD personnel and aircraft when they travel to foreign locations. Opportunity is located at the Pentagon, Virginia and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington DC.
- Provide subject-matter-expertise to Air Force and DoD Component staff and leadership on foreign clearance policy and procedures for DoD military and civil aircraft as well as foreign travel for DoD personnel.
- Participate in U.S. Government inter-agency meetings and policy discussions on foreign clearance requirements, foreign aviation fees, freedom of navigation and foreign access procedures for DoD aircraft and personnel.
- Conduct research and analysis on complex foreign policy issues.
- Maintain currency and accuracy of DoD policy documents and automated workflow systems supporting the Foreign Clearance Program
- Monitor high-interest international travel and diplomatic clearance requests to ensure compliance with established policy and procedures.
- BA degree and 8 – 12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of relevant experience.
- Military aviation experience (pilot or navigator)
- DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret
Preferred Qualifications :
- International military and civil aviation experience.
- Military management headquarters staff experience
- Defense Attaché, Combatant Command, or Department of State staff experience working foreign travel or aircraft diplomatic clearance requests
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org