The Associate, Girls’ Education Program (GEPA) will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Padhnako Lagi Kotha’s (PLK’s) Girls’ Education Program (GEP) in the direct supervision of Field Manager, Program Operations (FPM). She will be involved in implementing and monitoring of Enhanced GEP program. She will be constantly engaged in working to improve the GEP program by engaging schools, teachers, communities and GEP participants through Social Mobilizers to ensure that PLK’s GEP program is being effectively operated. This position requires skills in planning, implementing project activities, program documentation, report writing, networking with students and teachers, identifying potential partners, and bookkeeping, accounting and some office administration knowledge. The GEPA will report to FPM and supervise the Social Mobilizer (SM) of the district. She spends about 25-30 percent of the time doing administrative & finance and Global Solution Database (GSD) related work and 70-75% field work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The position will require performing the below-given job responsibilities not limited to:
Planning and Development:
- Guides SMs in preparation of Life Skills Education Curriculum (LSE) session plans, Parent Workshops, and Group Mentoring Sessions.
- Supports FPM in preparing and updating annual plans and budgets for the respective GEP district. Track both every month as per the Implementation Calender
- Plans and updates the activities as per implementation calendar (IC) to support program strategy
- a. Supports FPM to prepare FO level GEP IC. Based on it prepares cluster level GEP and shares with SMs.
- b. Tracks the approved activities updates the activities along with the budget for timely activity implementation
- Prepares monthly and quarterly implementation plans and budget requests for GEP activities for target areas in coordination with FPM.
- Ensures SMs are planning, documenting and reporting on school and home visits, parent meetings and workshops. Enters the collected data in the PLK database, Global Solution Database (GSD) and Program Implementation Monitoring (PIM) database.
- Maintains good record keeping in school by proper data entries and maintenance of registers.
- Tracks program expenses and compares it with the budget based on the Monthy Implementation System (MIS) and provide data for financial reporting.
- Understands the clauses in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the schools, takes the responsibility of signing the MoU and ensures all the clauses of MoU are implemented and complied with.
- Provides technical support to SMs under direct supervision for the implementation of GEP activities as per annual planning and budget and IC i.e. life skills, mentoring, material support and Family School and Community Engagement (FSCE).
- Ensures that quality is maintained during implementation and collects important information from observations, field visits to share in Quarterly Technical GEP review meetings.
- Supervises and builds the capacity of SMs to conduct life skill sessions, Group mentoring sessions and Parents’ Workshops based on grade-wise life skill manuals and if necessary.
- Observes regular life skills and group mentoring sessions conducted by SMs and ensures quality delivery of these sessions.
- Ensures proper documentation and filling of monitoring tools, proposed drop-out list of GEP participants, collecting data for PIM tool, etc., and keeping all these data for any other references.
- Collects and compiles PIM data. Ensures that the provided data are accurate and timely.
- Coordinates with Manager, Girls’ Education Program (GEPM) of Room to Read (RtR) and conducts Life Skills training, and other district-level events.
- Leads the SMs to conduct a survey of GEP participants in her respective Cluster.
- Updates and documents statistics (grades, attendance, dropout rate, etc.) for Global Indicators and Country Indicators.
- Coordinates with Education Development and coordination unit (EDCU), schools and other like-minded organizations in FPM’s absence or as allocated by FPM.
- Coaches and provide on-site and off-site support to SMs for better implementation of the program and achieve maximum results.
- Provides orientations, training and regular refreshers to School Management Committees (SMCs), teachers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participates actively in capacity building training for self-professional development and GEP module implementation training as appropriate.
- Coaches and encourages SMs to document best practices and success stories of GEP activities carried out in the target clusters.
- Ensures timely installment payment and material support to partner schools/GEPP.
- If required, assist FPM with new geographies and school selection in coordination with GEPM.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensures SMs are monitoring and keeping records of GEP participants including attendance, Risk and Response System (RRS) and other program activities as per the requirement of program design. Collects this data and provides it to GEP Assistant to enter it in the PLK database.
- Ensures field visit logbooks and life skill observation forms are filled, clearly and regularly. Analyzes these data to supports respective SMs.
- Supports to correct and timely update GSD data, PIM, Risk and Response System (RRS) and Data Quality Management (DQM) as and when needed.
- Conducts home visits to support SMs to manage critical issues of GEP participants. This requires face to face meeting with parents to discuss on general situation and concerns that affect participants’ progress.
- Prepares GEP report: monthly progress report, quarterly provision of information for updating GSD, and other donor reporting.
- Documents best practices when observed during field visits and meetings with relevant examples and evidence.
- Prepares case studies along with a photo of girls with support from SMs and forward it to GEPM every month.
- Weekly reports to FPM to update the GEP progress and submit a monthly report.
- Share the data analysis with the SMs during the meeting and develop a necessary improvement action plan.
Ensuring Quality Program at field level:
- Ensures good command over GEP strategies/design and guidelines.
- Conducts a quarterly meeting with SMC, prepares the meeting minutes, and follows-up with the decisions made.
- Conducts a meeting with the focal teacher and headteacher during the field visit to build support for GEP activities.
- Conducts discussions on program quality in line with program design and improvement areas with SMs during review meetings in coordination with GEPM as and when needed.
- Tracks to see if quality standards are been met as per program standards.
- Uses life skill observation form to provide feedback to SMs, if necessary demonstrates to enhance SM’s skills on effective delivery, document it in the school-based register, share key observation findings in Staff meetings and share to the direct report.
- Analyzes the availability of materials for Life skill sessions, mentoring and material support, and provides corrective feedback to the concerned department of FO and CO.
- Ensure that Child club, Focal teaches and other stakeholders support our program and coordinate with LP program staff (If LP is there) in the development of organizational goodwill.
Coordination & Advocacy:
- Coordinates and builds a relationship with local levels, share program objectives, possible coordination and support. Have frequent short meetings, share progress and build up necessary knowledge to support GEP implementation.
- Ensures reference list is prepared and agreed to their services to GEP participants during unfortunate circumstances.
- Represents/Participates PLK in relevant meetings and forums and occasionally support in hosting key donor visits.
- Develop a strong relationship with SMC, PTA, GEP Focal Point Teacher and School staff for effective implementation of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education/Gender studies/Development studies or relevant fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional working experience with school students.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in implementing project activities, program documentation, report writing, networking, conducting large meetings and bookkeeping.
- Working knowledge of office administration and accounts.
- Ability to use Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel frequently to districts throughout PLK’s project sites.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English & Nepali.
- Able to ride the motorcycle with a valid license.
- Master’s degree in Education/Gender studies/Development studies or relevant fields.
- Working knowledge/experience with girl students and scholarship program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current developments in gender issues, especially in government schools.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org