Oxfam’s EU Advocacy Office is seeking an enthusiastic and creative intern to support the work of its EU Policy Advisors working on Migration as well as conflicts and humanitarian issues. The purpose of this post is to provide the intern with an opportunity to strengthen her/his/their analytical and advocacy skills, as well as knowledge of the EU institutions and policy-making processes, through hands on experience working with the humanitarian staff of a leading international NGO. The intern will assist in the implementation of strategies and tactics to influence the EU on its policy on protracted conflicts, humanitarian assistance and migration.
- Develop better analysis and supporting the development of policy as well as the implementation of advocacy strategies and plans designed to influence the humanitarian/conflict policies and practice of the European institutions and tis Member States.
- Support the work of the EU Conflict and Humanitarian Policy Advisor and of the EU Migration Policy Advisor including by conducting background research; drafting letters, notes and briefings; and setting meetings with EU and Member States officials as well as with relevant interlocutors.
- Attending meetings with EU policy makers and EU Member States representatives together with Oxfam EU policy advisors and representing Oxfam at meetings as required.
- Assist in organizing public events in support of Oxfam’s campaigns.
- Education: a degree in a relevant field such as international relations, conflict resolution, humanitarian affairs, international development, European Affairs.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian/conflict/migration issues and of EU institutions, policies and decision-making processes.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; knowledge of French, Spanish or German desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work within a team and with networks and allies.
- Computer skills: confident user of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Affinity with the aims, objectives and values of Oxfam.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org