Our client, MedTech Europe is seeking an External Affairs Communications Manager.
Your Role in MedTech Europe
MedTech Europe is the European trade association representing the medical technology industries.
The External Affairs Communications Manager will take a leading role in driving the communication objectives and will be responsible for bringing strategic and operational excellence in content development, media relations and digital communications.
EU Policy Communications
- Create and implement communication strategies for MedTech Europe’s regulatory, policy and advocacy activities;
- Work closely with the topic leaders to bring communication expertise to align and complement their business and advocacy objectives;
- Develop effective campaigns, narratives and communication assets (statements, visuals, social media posts) for a general audience based on technical and scientific content.
Industry Profiling and Media Relations
- Create and lead communication efforts to profile and increase the European Medical Technology Sector’s reputation;
- Partner with communication leads and experts in the MedTech Europe Members’ network through joint activities;
- Work together with the media in fostering a balanced relationship that gives light to the Medical Technology Sector’s characteristics;
- Produce and host MedTech Europe’s podcast (MedTech ON AIR).
- Work closely and collaboratively with MedTech Europe External Affairs Team to deliver and implement the digital communications strategy;
- Manage and develop MedTech Europe’s digital identity and tools (website, social media channels etc.);
- Analyse, report and improve the performance of MedTech Europe’s digital channels.
- Masters in communications, journalism, political science or other relevant degrees;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in communications or similar fields;
- Excellent spoken and written English, any addition EU language is considered an asset;
- Effective communication (written and spoken) with diverse internal and external stakeholders, able to find consensus, capable of translating the complex into clear messages;
- Proven track record and experience in media relations in particular, working with EU and trade press;
- Digital savvy, strong knowledge of different communication tools (web, social media, newsletter tools, CMS);
- Previous experience in EU policy communications is an asset;
- Strong project management skills;
- Experience in health, in particular in medical technologies is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Motivated team player who takes ownership, is pro quality and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Availability to travel.
- Competitive Salary + Performance Bonus, Lunch Vouchers, Pension Plan, Medical Plan (+ Family), Mobile Phone Subscription and Laptop;
- Be a representative of a well-established and innovative European industry;
- Opportunity to be a member of a motivated, dynamic and international team;
- Opportunity for trainings and personal development.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org