Our client in public health has an exciting opportunity on their international programming team. The position is temporary to start but could become temporary to hire later in the year for the right person.
This individual will provide key support for the successful implementation of international strategy regarding their public health/global health programming. This person will assume overall management of the initiatives being rolled out through all of the international chapters, will work collaboratively to further strategic goals, and will work cross-divisionally to ensure streamlined processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who will enjoy autonomy and independence in managing projects as well as building relationships with stakeholders. This person must be self-sufficient and creative in problem solving.
The preferred work schedule is 4 days/week (30 hours/week, Monday - Thursday).
Job duties to include:
· Identifies ways to innovate and further expand collaboration of international chapters through education and quality improvement initiatives
· Organizes and creates agendas for regular meetings
· Directly manages initiatives being driven by the international chapters including strategy development, budgeting, creation of metrics and overall program management
· Manages chapter support and involvement in global regional conferences
· Works closely with other members of the international affairs team to ensure alignment with all global activities
· Completed Bachelor's degree or higher
· Proficiency in multiple languages preferred
· Must have program management experience (managing moving pieces/logistics, shepherding many different stakeholders, tracking against milestones, etc.), and international experience.
· 3+ years’ experience in an international nonprofit/NGO setting
This person will work remotely to start due to COVID-19 safety precautions. However, an eventual return to the DC office should be expected.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org