The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) seeks to hire a Director for Business Development to lead the organization’s fundraising efforts and development strategy. As a part of a dynamic and growing team, this individual would have a unique and prominent role in crafting development goals, recruiting talent, and coordinating across all of CEPA’s programs to establish and improve development processes. This individual is responsible for overseeing day-to-day development operations related to securing new institutional support from foundations, corporations, individuals, and public sector agencies. The Director for Business Development works closely with the senior leadership in finance and operations and reports directly to the Senior Director for Programs and Strategy.
- Establish and improve development processes related to foundational, corporate, individual and public sector giving.
- Engage on all aspects of the development process, from prospecting to grant management and stewardship.
- Manage the organization of the Center’s donor data, donor history, funding leads, donor engagements, grant deliverables, and grant reporting across programs.
- Support and coordinate management of the proposal processes across CEPA programs, including: editing proposals, ensuring compliance with proposal requirements, and ensuring timely submission of proposal applications for various types of grant-making entities (private and corporate foundations, individual donors, the U.S. government, and international organizations). Includes regular liaising with grant making entities throughout proposal application process.
- Draft grant budgets in cooperation with program directors and the Head of Finance for all proposal applications for all types of grant-making entities.
- Ensure compliance for all CEPA grants across programs, including timely grant reporting.
- Work with program directors and Head of Finance in adjusting, requesting, and processing changes to projects and budgets.
- Lead weekly development meetings with program directors and CEPA executives on weekly development priorities, including current, upcoming, and prospective proposal applications and donor engagements.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum; Master’s level education or equivalent knowledge in International Affairs, Political Science, History, or a related discipline is preferred;
- One years of applicable program experience in a think-tank or similar setting;
- Competence in project administration and managing logistics;
- Experience in financial management and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with expense and administrative management software is a benefit;
- Ability to handle sensitive information, meet deadlines and maintain grace under pressure;
- Willingness to respond to an evolving set of priorities.
A successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of, and a commitment to, CEPA’s mission to transatlantic values and principles.
- Be highly organized and familiar with the functions of a public policy non-profit organization.
- Meet timelines and manage multiple projects simultaneously with utmost professionalism.
- Be able to work well independently, as well as be a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate discretion when working with confidential or proprietary information.
- Be flexible, creative, solution-oriented, and positive in approaching challenges and problems.
At CEPA, we believe in creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity because we recognize there is value in difference. More importantly, we believe creating an environment where everyone, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or citizenship, can do their best work is the right thing to do. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
CEPA offers exceptional benefits that include:
- Competitive pay;
- Generous employer-subsidized health insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan; and
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave and holidays.
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume and cover letter. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Position available immediately with a view to filling the post as soon as possible. Applications considered on a first-come basis.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org