We seek a highly motivated, pro-active and experienced candidate for the position of: Junior Officer, Climate & Energy Action.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Climate & Energy Action team at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany.
- Support coordination of and fundraising for the 100% Renewables Cities & Regions Network, the GreenClimateCitiesTM Program and its Climate Neutrality Framework, managed by ICLEI;
- Support project coordination of the 100% Renewables Cities and Regions Roadmap project - ICLEI’s flagship energy project. Tasks among others include contact with project partners, reporting, compiling ley messages of project outcomes; and
- implementing the project work plan, which includes developing a technical assistance program for local governments in Argentina, Indonesia and Kenya.
- Conduct research, contribute to knowledge products (case studies, solutions) and newsletters, and support the management of the Solutions Gateway;
- Support the Director of Global Advocacy, the Director of the carbonn® Climate Center and the Head of Climate & Energy Action with advocacy tasks, also engagement with partners such as REN21 and IRENA Coalition for Action;
- Support the promotion of ICLEI’s Low Emissions Development pathway and its associated offer of support to local and regional governments, and engaging in ad hoc tasks as needed.
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience. Experience working with an international organization is an advantage;
- University degree (or equivalent) in Energy, Environment, Climate Change, Sustainable Development, and/or a related field. A relevant Master’s degree will be an asset;
- Knowledge of the Paris Agreement, Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), Renewable Energy, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Multilevel Governance and/or Vertical Integration is desirable;
- High interest and enthusiasm for sustainability in cities and urban areas, local government, good governance, climate change;
- Strong skills in research, analytical thinking, reporting, and concise writing;
- Excellent command of English (fluency in written and spoken English), proficiency in other languages such as French, German, Spanish, and/or Portuguese is an asset;
- Creative and pro-active attitude in team work is required;
- Proficiency in office software and internet applications.
The successful candidate:
- is dedicated to the team focus in driving innovation, 100% RE, climate neutrality and resilient development;
- works well as part of a team, but is also an independent worker with a focus on quality delivery;
- is pro-active, highly motivated, well organized, and attentive to detail;
- shows excellence in communicating ICLEI’s message to public policy makers, municipal technical staff, partners, and donors.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org