Exovera LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SOSi is seeking an Arabic & Kurdish News Desk Analyst to join our team. The winning candidate will be fluent in Kurdish and Arabic and will be an outstanding writer in English. The analyst must have an analytic mind and a sophisticated understanding of local and regional current events. We are looking for proven experience in high-pace fields such as journalism, strategic communications, public relations, intelligence, political consulting, and the like. Familiarity with the Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Iraq and the surrounding region is strongly preferred. Experience with social media, information technology, analytics, and additional language fluency are also advantages.
The News Desk Analyst is part of a team working 24/7 and must be willing and able to work on a variable shift schedule, including weekend, and when necessary, overnight shifts. Shift work will include analyzing local, regional, and international print, broadcast, and social media sources.
- Monitors Arabic & Kurdish-language print and broadcast news media sources and selects content according to ongoing and emerging customer requirements
- Writes succinct synopses and analytic overviews in professional English highlighting and assessing key information
- Contributes original analysis pieces on Kurdish and Arabic media content and coverage
- Interacts with a range of online tools, including media aggregators, basic analysis systems and databases (training provided)
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as International Relations, Political Science, History, Sociology, or related field (or commensurate experience)
- Strong interest and knowledge of regional and global current events
- Native fluency or near native fluency in Arabic and Kurdish is required
- Proven skill and experience (at least 2 years) in professional English-language writing
- Ability to quickly process and organize large amounts of information and identify and assess items of greatest importance
- Experience related to monitoring and sophisticated analysis, including an ability to identify biases and remain objective.
- Comfort and experience managing information in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated comfort with information technology and multimedia software, including publishing and analytics tools
- Maturity, honesty, and integrity
- Ability/flexibility and temperament to work on a shift schedule, occasionally on short notice
- Requires commitment, flexibility and ability to work non-traditional hours including nights or weekends on a rotating shift schedule
- Offers some schedule flexibility and occasional opportunities to work from home
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org