If you are building a career in research and evaluation of public policies relating to employment, social affairs, skills and labour mobility, we may have the next role you have been looking for. We are one of the leading providers of research and analysis on social policy issues to the institutions of the European Union.
As a Managing Consultant in European social policy, you will help us build our programme of work in this area, working with the team to win, manage and deliver assignments that provide insight and advice to our clients. You will also be looking to grow into a leadership role, helping to shape the work we do, manage the team we build and help keep us at the forefront of our profession in the methodologies, models and tools that we use.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have a relevant University degree and ideally 10 years of professional experience in policymaking, research, evaluation and statistics;
- have good knowledge of social policies and programmes at EU and Member State level, especially in the areas of employment, social affairs, skills and labour mobility;
- can demonstrate an ability to manage projects and to help win work through writing compelling proposals.
About the role:
- Conduct comparative research and evaluation projects, using qualitative and quantitative research methods, under the supervision of a project director;
- Assign work packages to project teams and manage their work;
- Support project teams on the methodological aspects of their work and assure its quality;
- Manage day to day client relationships;
- Help to ensure we deliver project work within budget;
- Lead tenders and reports for the European Commission, governments, and other EU clients and help us grow the business;
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders;
- Provide line management support to members of the team, alongside your project work;
- Contribute to our business strategy and development plans.
- Master’s degree in political science, public policy, social science or a related discipline;
- Around ten years’ work experience in research and evaluation of EU policies and programmes in the areas of employment, social affairs, skills and labour mobility;
- Project management experience, including management of project teams;
- Business development experience, including leading or contributing to proposals;
- Understanding of financial reporting and metrics;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills;
- Advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications);
- Exceptional writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills;
- Excellent oral and written English; fluency in at least one additional European language;
- Deep understanding of European policy-making process and EU Institutions;
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation;
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience with Excel essential; experience with NVIVO, SPSS, STATA, etc. an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org