The Communications Manager is responsible for planning and executing a wide range of communications activities and initiatives. Working closely with the Executive Director and program staff, the Communications Manager develops and manages communications plans, creates compelling content for print and digital media, manages our websites and social media accounts, and offers trainings to boost the communications capacity of our staff an Incubator program participants. A full job description is available at www.globaltolocal.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Comms-Manager-2021-JD.pdf
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute communications plans for the organization as a whole and for individual programs.
- Develop core messaging and brand identity for the organization and programs as they evolve.
- Produce content (written and graphic) for print and digital publications such as e-newsletters, program flyers, signage, fact sheets, and reports.
- Manage and produce content for our websites and social media accounts.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee the work of communications contractors/vendors, skilled volunteers, and interns.
- Develop and lead communications trainings for staff and Incubator Program participants.
- Develop and maintain a communications asset management system.
- Respond to media inquiries and assist program staff as needed with media pitching for special events.
G2L is dedicated to an equitable hiring process and recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience. As such, we encourage qualified applicants to apply regardless of informal or formal education.
- Please have at least 3 years of professional communications experience, including experience:
- creating and managing communications plans
- developing messaging and content
- using email marketing software and website content management systems
- managing social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- overseeing the work of volunteers or interns
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and copyediting skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, clients, volunteers, vendors, consultants, and other stakeholders.
- Intermediate-level experience with Adobe CS and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to make publication-quality photographs (we provide camera and equipment).
- Deep commitment to fighting racism and other forms of oppression.
- The following qualifications are desired but not required: experience with WordPress, MailChimp, and/or video production experience; familiarity with South King County communities; proficiency in any foreign language commonly spoken in South King County.
- Two plan options for medical/dental insurance, including a plan with $0 premium for employee coverage.
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and an Employee Assistance Program are provided at no cost to the employee.
- SIMPLE IRA program with 1:1 employer matching up to 3% of annual pay and immediate vesting.
- 11 paid holidays and 2 paid personal days per calendar year, and PTO starting at 20 days per year.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org